onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Maybe its time to end SEO.

Torquay Valiant

Is there anything stopping OLD resigning TODAY so that fans know they are defiantly gone ? If they had any backbone they would go now in the best interests of PVFC instead of waiting for SOT council.

3 or 3000 on the gate.Time to go OLD.I don't know what they are still doing there,they are ****ing sick.:(

Advert

I think we need to differentiate between responsibility and blame here. SEO may have contributed to the demise of the Board - ie, they have responsibility for that, but they are not to blame. Blame implies fault of some sort. It's like saying the British Army was to blame for helping to win the Second World War!

The blame for the demise of Vale lies fairly and squarely in the Board Room.

I think we need to differentiate between responsibility and blame here. SEO may have contributed to the demise of the Board - ie, they have responsibility for that, but they are not to blame. Blame implies fault of some sort. It's like saying the British Army was to blame for helping to win the Second World War!

The blame for the demise of Vale lies fairly and squarely in the Board Room.

Aren't your knuckles sore yet from knocking on that door but no one ever being home?

Those ardent supporters of Starve them Out have done your job if it was for MO to get control then he better step up to the stage after all he has talked the talk has he the money and fellow backers to walk the walk , we will c.

I hope he has in the likelihood of him not wanting the Vale I suggest u all come to the ground Tomoz and get behind the lads because in reality it could be the last game ever for PVFC especially if Miller has done a Luton on the Vale !

Not sure what Mo has got to do with this discussion? And bearing in mind I have seen every single one of Micky Adams' league games as manager, I think you can take it for granted that I will there "tomoz".

Those ardent supporters of Starve them Out have done your job if it was for MO to get control then he better step up to the stage after all he has talked the talk has he the money and fellow backers to walk the walk , we will c.

I hope he has in the likelihood of him not wanting the Vale I suggest u all come to the ground Tomoz and get behind the lads because in reality it could be the last game ever for PVFC especially if Miller has done a Luton on the Vale !

Bit melodramitic there VFIA, Millers involvement in Luton didn't mean it was their last ever game, they are still playing to gates over 6,000 and had a much bigger debt than us.

Many folk still reckon that any increase in funds via the turnstiles etc may only be diverted into the pockets off Lloyd and Deakin in some way. I would hope a decent crowd tomorrow would go towards paying the staff and players, but i wouldn't bet on it.

Let's think about the Mo situation for a second, even if it is a little off topic.

Apart from having no cash to pay off debts, is the situation really much different to what Mo would have seen last June?

Two things stick in my memory:

1) Mo's offer was subject to performing due diligence. This seems to be the big issue for the board and I think we now see why.

2) TheLegalBeagle was saying many times on here that working capital appeared to be reducing at an alarming rate.

It's quite possible that Mo would not have invested if he had seen the level of debt prior to the June EGM.

It does seem that no matter what anyone does they just will not disappear.

You get rid of Bratt, Miller/Deakin appear. Miller/Deakin are going its talk of Bratt coming back.

We seem to be awash with bad pennies.

I think the message has got across load and clear, we all know where everyone stands. And lets face it its a stand off.

I think you should end SEO, its not got widespread support, those that have voted on here are split 50/50.

The danger is that IF we are not successful in our aims and Bratt comes back (or the present regime survives in some form), and SEO continues the very real danger will be that Vale will disappear not them. Because, most definately, it is having an effect.

I think we should all unite as one and get behind The Vale, generally we are except for SEO.

=========

As per Sunday's SC meeting Starve Em Out is to become Feed Em Up (i.e cash to the club)

SEO has worked, the club are financially crippled. Admin is perhaps a few hours away.

If you are not there tomorrow to support the club then you are not acting in the best interests of PVFC. Now is the time to show the administrators, potential owners/investors/sponsors the potential there is at Vale. Too many people think admin is an easy option and Mo is just waiting to rescue us - don't be as naiive as I was to believe everything.

Don't let stubborness get the better of you, I admire people who have stood up for what they believe and it has had an impact. Don't now cut off your nose to spite your face otherwise none of us will have a team to support next season.

We have players not being paid, players that cannot afford to drive to training - how is continuing to support SEO helping us now?!

Agree totally, various groups have made their point over the past 18 mths or so & hopefully the men keeping fans away will soon be gone so every1 now needs to put their money where their mouths are & SUPPORT the team.

I've been staunch in my SEO campaign all season, but I'm going tomorrow. I understand why some may not, but my personal view is that we've seen the end of this current board, one way or another. Having read the players "tweets" on Saturday praising the fans, particularly Paul Marshall who hasn't received a single pay packet from the club and who this morning "tweeted" about going to training and the match against Burton tomorrow, I think they deserve our support now. And for me this outweighs SEO.

Well said, get to the Park & Save Our Club

Brat will only be allowed his foot back in the door if administration doesn't happen, therefore given the delay I feel SEO must now continue, to see the job off.

The administrators would never let the old guard back, and they will also look at the books. Therefore as soon as administration is realised, SEO should end.

:clap::clap::clap:

I'm sounding like a broken record, we average 4.5k this season, more than we did in a lot of other seasons when there was no SEO. Fans weren't blamed then. I refuse in any way to accept SEO is to blame, or partly to blame. Not having it.

We were getting 5k plus not long ago so not having above either. Obvious SEO has had an effect to the business side but i understand why you did it but lets now return to keeping Vale continuing as a football club and part of SOT.

V2001 are in debt in excess of 1/2 of a million quid [guesstimate] and knew they could not afford to pay it and probably realised that administration was the only way to sensibly go, yet they announce millers resignation which makes them inquorate which in turn makes it impossible to enter admin..... it stinks..... I suspect something else is/was going on in the background.... I think SeO should continue until admin is actually entered into.

In my opinion many of the stay away's wont bother going tomorrow!

Fair play to everyone who turns up.

Its our club so lets support it...

I think the attendance still will struggle to break 6,000 tomorrow. Hope Im wrong.

If admin is announced by dinner time tomorrow, imo we'll be closer to 8k, than 6k.

Archived