Advert

I asked the same question last night, as much as

the Crewe fans rave on I thought it would have been obvious

which one he was.

For me Crewe in general were all too small and lightweight

and thats why they had so many free kicks, any contact on some one

that small is bound to go down.

Having said that slightly contradicting myself,

I didnt see Shuker going down so easily.

Yes, I noticed the number of free kicks against Vale as well and that is common feature of many games I have seen against Crewe. I think it is because they are given the benefit of the any doubt by referees and their lack of strength and will goes unpunished.

With my other hat on though, after that thought above, I noticed where all - except a couple of stupid challenges - occurred. In their half as they were trying to build up play. I came to a possible second conclusion that Micky Adams may have given instructions to give away cheap fouls to break up their play and particularly counter attacks.

Eh up the one Crewe fan's here. Your support last night was a joke and you're all a bunch of fannies.

Amen to that, my gf who was with me watching her first ever live match even commented on how pitfully small and quiet the away following was for a derby. She doesn't really know that Crewe are just a little club aswel, doesn't really know a lot bout lower league clubs either. Had to laugh and say well its only Crewe when she said that. Have to take her Gresty road and show her a proper derby away following next season. Also as for those Crewe fans singing "going bust, going bust" at the end, well frankly looking at our circumstances just lately thats just sick. A little part of me wanted our lads to get through the police barricade to the Crewe fans, they wouldna have known what have hit them, not realising exactly how much of a delicate matter the running of our club is at the moment amoungst our fans. Silly school boys, who wouldnt have been able to handle themselves should some of those incandescent blokes got past the police, just stupid and reckless to sing that:yes:

Back on topic, for your information Dean Ashton was very similar at Powell's age - had an arrogance that he was a cut above. Eventually Neil Baker gave him some stern words and the rest is history. Powell does roll about too much in my opinion - I think it is all about seeking attention, but there is no doubt he gets fouled a lot too.

The difference was though that Ashton was doing it two divisions higher. I'm sure i didn't see the best of Powell last night but he still has a long way to go. Crewe fans can criticise Griff all you want but he had Powell in his back pocket all night and i suspect that if you had a midfield ballwinner in your side like Griff it would probably make the difference for you. You need more than pretty passing in this division, not that we saw a lot of pretty passing last night.

Archived