onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match report from the Priestfield end

bigal1946

Advert

the loft incident was right in front of me in the lorne..defo looked like he kept it in 2 me..and the peno decision was 100% defo push in the back

Well it was infront of me too and I and everyone around me thought the ball was out of play. That's why Hessenthaler was doing his nut and behaving like a child.

I was also amazed Owen didn't at the very least receive a caution for his foul on Tomlin who was bright throughout as he was last season in most games for Torquay.

Well it was infront of me too and I and everyone around me thought the ball was out of play. That's why Hessenthaler was doing his nut and behaving like a child.

I was also amazed Owen didn't at the very least receive a caution for his foul on Tomlin who was bright throughout as he was last season in most games for Torquay.

the linesman was right in front of it tho so he had the better view than anyone..he called ir in so,,,,,,

I was sat right in front and it was a close call but i would probably say that not all of the ball was over the line. Their goal came from a throw in the same place that should have been a throw to us, so things balanced themselves out on that front.

Nice to read a balanced report but agree the throw in that led to their goal should have definitely been ours and also no mention of the goalkeeper handled the ball out of the area

Micky Adams brought on two better players that gave us the capability to put quality balls into the box and that was enough in the end. Over the whole game Gillingham were worth a draw and could have got to 2-0 up if they had taken chances. But what this showed is that a couple of higher level players in the Vale midfield can improve the team 30%. Loft was very good even at right back.

I was disappointed to see Clayton McDonald go off as I thought he was playing well and, to illustrate the point, we looked far more vunerable when Owen came on.

I like Owen for his attitude and application and I think he's a good defender when facing the ball, however, his lack of pace is frightening and he gets skinned on a regular basis, often resulting in him pulling an opposition player down as they run away from him.

Bottom line is he should have had a yellow card as an absolute minimum for dragging Tomlin back and we couldn't have complained if he'd had a red.

I suspect Owen is himself concerned by his lack of pace and is possibly working hard towards a coaching career at such a relatively early age because maybe injuries are taking their toll on his ability to play at league level.

All that said, I thought we were just about worth the three points in the end because of the much improved second half performance and the Gills giving us such a daft penalty in the last minute. If Hessenthaler was getting angry about anything it should have been that.

Archived