onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Despite last night being a decent result and a solid enough defensive display, it’s clear it’s not the way to push us forward. Smith will make do as right back, but you can see by his defensive positioning and what he does in the opposition half with his runs shows he just isn’t a natural there. In time teams will exploit him. We cannot go through the season playing defensive fullbacks and expect to be taking games to the opposition and we will also need more drive and guile on the ball in the middle of the pitch. IMO when players are fit we need to get Gibbo and Monty back at full back. Despite how well he has done I think that Worrall will replace Hurst. Add in Conlon and Manny or even Taylor into the midfield and get back to how we know we can play. Easy to say I know, but we won’t progress setting up like we did last night. 

To be fair to Askey, I very much doubt that last nights line up is anywhere near what he would like but it did get us a point which by many posters assessment per match seemed unlikely.

Agree that with players hopefully returning from injury soon we can hopefully press on for wins rather than dour draws

Advert

31 minutes ago, osprey said:

To be fair to Askey, I very much doubt that last nights line up is anywhere near what he would like but it did get us a point which by many posters assessment per match seemed unlikely.

Agree that with players hopefully returning from injury soon we can hopefully press on for wins rather than dour draws

Absolutely, his hands were tied by the players he has missing. 

17 hours ago, dazzerjames said:

Tonight makes me more annoyed as to why didn’t we set up like that for the second half against Walsall and Tranmere when 2-0 up .

We would be 7th now .
Spot on anyone could see that his all Askey had to do he didnt and that's why fans want him out ,I didnt watch last night and glad I didnt but was very happy with the result and point .

Brisley never let's you down i mean against Morecambe the striker lad threw himself on the floor for the penalty ,a steady player who does the basics glad that he partnered Legge I'd leave them too as the central defence, Gibbons back and Monty back especially in games where we on the front foot then hopefully more clean sheets to follow and wins also 
UTV 

16 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I think you are right Ray. What concerns me with this debacle though is that he has a 2 year deal. Who on earth sanctioned that.

Not many suitors are going to be banging our doors down or he wouldn't of been available so late in the day. That means financial implications if we want rid. 

Based on his Colchester record I welcomed him as a chance signing after the Maynard balls up. However even then one year was ample. 

You could argue that he wouldn't of signed then, so be it.

Who on earth ratified a 2 year deal for him and we are now left carrying a rotting carcass 

16 hours ago, Andyregs said:

You don’t give a stop gap signing a two year contract.

It depends how desperate we were to fill the position in a pandemic, but it's hard to argue that we must have rated Robinson, even if he was second or third choice.  Robinson doesn't historically seem to be a "problematic" player, so you'd have to think he should get fixed up somewhere, salary permitting.

He might be not too disappointed to keep Robinson, it’s just to make changes in over 21s he needs to move someone on before bringing in, you can’t make an omlette without breaking a few eggs. McKirdy was probably an inexpensive longshot and not his first choice, it may be that the main problem in taking him on was giving no >21  wriggle room but if someone else takes him on now, we get the space back and McKirdy was worth a look but didn’t come off.

Archived