onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

So anyway, how much is a ticket for Anfield?

Va-LEE-ant

Now then, I've been a Vale fan since when Adam was a boy, but I've really started to question "why do I put myself through this"? Am i a sadist? Am I a bit thick? Is it a postcode lottery, like with the NHS? You know, depending on where you live the service and results you get vary even though you put in the same (NI/time/money/passion).

The problem is, as you know, once you find your colours, you stick with them. But why???? Why should we resign ourselves to watching lower league football, poor facilities, next to no media coverage apart from that tantalising one and a half minutes on LKOWM and the constant threat of the impending 'A' word?

Yes we had our 'glory' days in the 90's. I was there and loved every minute of it, but that was it......

I'm resigned to the fact that, that's it. That's me for life. I don't quite fully understand why, but that's it.....I'm a Vale fan. I'll keep on going and think about my season ticket in the same way as I do my lottery ticket; "one day, just maybe one day......."

The concept that I'm really struggling with, is why should I subject my kids to the same? Fair enough, we have the Vale together. Its our time, something that we do together, something that we can have a common interest and love for. But why should I impart on them the legacy of watching the lower leagues? All of the ongoing off-field shenanigans ? Why don't I just take them an hour or so up the road to Anfield?????

I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Perhaps because I want to know if I'm on my own in having these thoughts. Perhaps because I'm hoping someone has some comforting words of wisdom. Perhaps because I'm hoping some multi billionaire suddenly takes over and the attendance will reach over 30k overnight or perhaps its just because I've just heard us throw away victory in the last 30 seconds of the match.....

Sorry for the tone.....

Yours, Dispondent....:(

Advert

I know exactly how you feel. After every defeat and every soul destroying performance you walk away vowing never to go back again. And yet as soon as its match day again you're back in love with the club again and full of optimism. But why? Football is a cruel cruel bitch. You can have your hopes dashed within seconds and you often do with Vale (like tonight).

I hate supporting Vale now, I get no enjoyment out of it whatsoever & yet, like a total idiot, I'm always back for more. There must be a limit or cut off point surely?

My little lad's 18 months old & he always wears his Vale kit. It obviously doesn't mean anything to him but I can't help wondering should I really put him through all the crap I've had to endure over the years? :(

There are many who feel the same my friend

I believe the next few weeks are pivitol in a lot of peoples minds as to carry on supporting the club or find something less stressful as a pass time

if we are stuck with the likes of bratt and oliver whats the point, younger generations are already thin on the ground at the vale its fanbase is dying on its feet

I long to take my grandson to a game I really hope it will be to the vale

Now then, I've been a Vale fan since when Adam was a boy, but I've really started to question "why do I put myself through this"? Am i a sadist? Am I a bit thick? Is it a postcode lottery, like with the NHS? You know, depending on where you live the service and results you get vary even though you put in the same (NI/time/money/passion).

The problem is, as you know, once you find your colours, you stick with them. But why???? Why should we resign ourselves to watching lower league football, poor facilities, next to no media coverage apart from that tantalising one and a half minutes on LKOWM and the constant threat of the impending 'A' word?

Yes we had our 'glory' days in the 90's. I was there and loved every minute of it, but that was it......

I'm resigned to the fact that, that's it. That's me for life. I don't quite fully understand why, but that's it.....I'm a Vale fan. I'll keep on going and think about my season ticket in the same way as I do my lottery ticket; "one day, just maybe one day......."

The concept that I'm really struggling with, is why should I subject my kids to the same? Fair enough, we have the Vale together. Its our time, something that we do together, something that we can have a common interest and love for. But why should I impart on them the legacy of watching the lower leagues? All of the ongoing off-field shenanigans ? Why don't I just take them an hour or so up the road to Anfield?????

I'm not sure why I'm posting this. Perhaps because I want to know if I'm on my own in having these thoughts. Perhaps because I'm hoping someone has some comforting words of wisdom. Perhaps because I'm hoping some multi billionaire suddenly takes over and the attendance will reach over 30k overnight or perhaps its just because I've just heard us throw away victory in the last 30 seconds of the match.....

Sorry for the tone.....

Yours, Dispondent....:(

Ive looked at renewing my Utd membership for next season depending on what happens this season with vale and the board

It's easy really, 2 choices;

1. Support your team through the mess they are in when they really need you

2. Be a plastic fan at another club

1. Ok, that's been for about 30 years now then...I've stuck with them and will continue to do so.

2. Not saying I will, just trying to make sense of it all and thinking if my kids have an option, why shouldn't I give them the chance of supporting a team where they'll get more enjoyment than angst? Can't say it'll actually happen, but these are questions going through my head.

"The problem is, as you know, once you find your colours, you stick with them. But why???? "

You dont find your colours they are given to you. call me old fashioned but once you have them you are duty bound to pass them on, be it to family or a friend. I was first taken to vale by my best mates Dad and I was hooked.

So now I take my boys aged 3 and 4, plus my nephew aged 11 in the vain hope one day they can see the glory years again. its almost like having a family heir loom it may not be worth much but its ours come what may. and you never know just like Del boys watch one day it could be priceless

Its for all of us

Top post mate. You sound exactly the same as me. Is it really worth 'hanging on in there' in the hope that because we haven't had success for so so long, surely our time is due again soon. I mean, we are closing in on almost 20 years without a promotion and cup runs or big games have been very few and far between.

Its in the blood but I do sometimes wonder is it really worth it? I mean come on guys, 20 years without a single season of progression in terms of league status. Its laughable, and we have sat there and paid to sit there for all these years. The more you think about it the more mad it seems.

Don't want to blow tonight out of proportion bit its yet another occasion where our beloved Vale have bottled it. I mean 95th minute and conceding from a corner is nothing short of disgraceful really, it really grinds my gears.

If I had my time again o would steer clear of the Vale,they have brought me more pain than joy over the years without a doubt.

"The problem is, as you know, once you find your colours, you stick with them. But why???? "

You dont find your colours they are given to you. call me old fashioned but once you have them you are duty bound to pass them on, be it to family or a friend. I was first taken to vale by my best mates Dad and I was hooked.

So now I take my boys aged 3 and 4, plus my nephew aged 11 in the vain hope one day they can see the glory years again. its almost like having a family heir loom it may not be worth much but its ours come what may. and you never know just like Del boys watch one day it could be priceless

Its for all of us

You're right, I understand. I've been taking my kids since they were 11 months and 3yrs respectively. They've got season tickets as have I. The point I suppose I'm making is that you're only here once, so why decide to do it? Why not choose success and consistent enjoyment.

Come on, hand on heart, would you prefer it if the Vale were in the Premiereship with crowds of 60k +, loads of media coverage and a trophy room full of silver?

I suppose its one for the psychologists amongst us. If there are any out there, please help....

Archived