onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Richards to go end of season

jeff1966

I can't believe people rate him this highly. He will struggle get a league one club, he isn't that good at all. he should learn that strikers that leave Vale ultimatley end up on the scrap heap, like Sodje, Constantine, Mcphee, brooker, paynter

Advert

I can't believe people rate him this highly. He will struggle get a league one club, he isn't that good at all. he should learn that strikers that leave Vale ultimatley end up on the scrap heap, like Sodje, Constantine, Mcphee, brooker, paynter

hope you have your tin hat on........

the vast majority will go into a flat spin or start having 2 year old tantrums about you being negative about the next wayne rooney:ninja:........

Marc Richards is the best player ever to exist according to most vale fans?

I agree with you, he is decent above average player but only at this level or below :whistling:

hope you have your tin hat on........

the vast majority will go into a flat spin or start having 2 year old tantrums about you being negative about the next wayne rooney:ninja:........

Marc Richards is the best player ever to exist according to most vale fans?

I agree with you, he is decent above average player but only at this level or below :whistling:

I do have :)

I don't rate him that highly and would like to know how many penalties he has scored for us? I know you still have to step up and score them, but personally as a striker I feel there is better.

I'd like to see him stay as it's not easy replacing goals, but there isn't a lot to replace. As we need about 14 players not just one. If Richards goes and means 3 or 4 can stay then id be happy

I don't rate him that highly and would like to know how many penalties he has scored for us? I know you still have to step up and score them, but personally as a striker I feel there is better.

I'd like to see him stay as it's not easy replacing goals, but there isn't a lot to replace. As we need about 14 players not just one. If Richards goes and means 3 or 4 can stay then id be happy

me and you will be accused of not having a clue about football or WUM's

I would keep him over any of our current players as aside from Loft I think he's the only player that could perform at a higher level.

It depends on who the three or four other players are I guess but if they were Pope, Dodds, Williamson and Rigg I would keep Rico over those all day long.

We have proven over years Richards is our best player by a country mile and no-one has scored goals like he has for us in the last 10 years. When he goes we will be ****ed I'm afraid unless we have money to replace him and goalscorers cost money.

I don't buy this about penalties either. Ask Pope how difficult it is to hit the back of the net from 12 yards let alone any other distance...

I would keep him over any of our current players as aside from Loft I think he's the only player that could perform at a higher level.

It depends on who the three or four other players are I guess but if they were Pope, Dodds, Williamson and Rigg I would keep Rico over those all day long.

We have proven over years Richards is our best player by a country mile and no-one has scored goals like he has for us in the last 10 years. When he goes we will be ****ed I'm afraid unless we have money to replace him and goalscorers cost money.

I don't buy this about penalties either. Ask Pope how difficult it is to hit the back of the net from 12 yards let alone any other distance...

Unless a keeper saves a penalty should not be missed, especially by a professional. I know they do get missed etc, but really if a striker cant hit the target unchellanged from 12yards it's time to give up.

I just don't rate Richards, his movement isn't very good, he doesn't do a lot for the team and looks like everytime he plays all he wants to do is fight the centre back. I admire his commitment by not having this surgery on his ankle for the good of the team.

I'm not saying he is rubbish either, I just think he is average. Craig Davies was a good striker, as is proven by moving higher and scoring goals, but i cant see Richards doing this sadly. Only time will tell but he isn't getting any younger.

As I say, I would like to see Richards stats on how many penalties he has scored for us compared to other goals. he will be missed if he isn't replaced, but he is expensive also. So should be one of the last on the list unless we sort this shower of **** of a board out.

If I was Richards I'd be gone too. Imagine turning up to work everyday hating your employers but loving your customers.

I did it for 18 months, ultimately managing the customer expectation and service levels will drive you mad as budgets are slashed and the employer on cares about preservation.

Actually thinking about it the two situations are uncanny!

Marc Richards has scored 15 of his 68 goals for Port Vale from the penalty spot. Below is how it works out.

Penalty Goals Goals without

2011/12 2 10 8

2010/11 6 20 14

2009/10 6 22 16

2008/09 1 11 10

2007/08 0 5 5

15 68 53

If Rico does go you know who will be blamed...... yes right in one... the protesters

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde(not something I do very often) theres only one thing worse than a protestor at the Vale, thats a protestor who doesnt come to the Vale anymore.

This board have turned alot of fans into stay away fans. We all know whose fault that is dont we, oh sorry thats only if you arent on the board.

Just incase you are on the board , ITS YOU.

I think I've said it before. A few years ago we could not offer George Pilkington an increased contract. In fact we could not even offer him the same wage. I think the same is happening with Rico. He will move on if he gets a better deal and it is not too far away. Otherwise he stays on what Port Vale can afford. No-one knows at the moment, not even Marc, so wait and see. His ankle injury will play a part.

Archived