onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Lincoln: make or break?; other pre game stuff; the game itself

ollyandpatch

Only got ourselves to blame for where we are... 3 points from last 15 is relegation never mind promotion form. Tonight is the biggest game of the season so far.. we must win, fact. cant see us getting anything from the three away games against Ches, Torquay or Stevenage. Tonight might just keep us in it..

Advert

Tommo

Yates Mccombe Sutton Collins

Haldane Morsy Griff Taylor

MR Pope

Dodds to come on as a second half sub.

Haldane threatened with death unless he stops ****** diving.

Why the stupid comment at the end, ok haldane not been brilliant but last couple of performances have been a vast improvment......some people on here just after add something negative to every qoute no matter what. Oh your B&G that says it all:yes:

Haldane wastes so many chances because he dives a lot, he fades in and out of games. Some gates lately he has been fantastic, others he's been awful and spends most of the 90 minutes on the floor.

Unlike Rob Taylor who spends 30 minutes playing sometimes and 60 mins hiding. Give me Haldane anytime he gets free kicks if nothing else and is very good at being an outlet to relieve pressure.

Same team unless Gareth unfit if so Collins in middle Kris Taylor on the left. Taylor/Roberts/Dodds to come on. Just hope weve got some mileage left in our legs following Saturday Vale to score in first 15mins

Season's WELL alive, play as we did v Bury and we'll nail 'em! Shrewsbury on Blue and Amber are talking of auto promotion now, we win tonight [very possible] and they loose at Rotherham [quite possible], and we have 60 points SAME as them off the same games!

Even 7th spot would do me now, the fans [For sure not the senile 6] deserve that much! So away at Barnet could well be a win at all costs game? I fully expect they will be down by then and we could be playing for 7th spot that day........

I would imagine the same 11 will start however personally I would go for:

----------Tomlinson-----------

----Collins-McCombe-Owen----

-Yates---------------R.Taylor-

--------Loft--Roberts---------

-----------Dodds-------------

-------Pope--M/J.Richards-----

I say this team because we all know that Lincoln are gonna come here and park the bus after their 6-0 thrashing by Rotherham. Therefore, we need to attack. I gave Morsy a rest because he's only young and might be a bit knackered still. I also chose Roberts over Griff because we only need one deep midfield man and he can ping balls across, plus I can't see Lincoln being a physical side. Dodds to play just behind the front two because he can either take a few long range efforts, of go out wide to support the wing back. Tom Pope should definatley play, and i thought Justin Richards was hard done by against Hereford and was unfortunate to be brought off. Marc Richards isn't having the best of spells so maybe playing Justin inside will create a bit more competition.

However, if we were to keep it simple and play 4-4-2 then I'd go with:

-----------Tomlinson------------

-Yates-Owen-McCombe-K.Taylor-

-Dodds--Loft--Roberts--R.Taylor-

------Pope--M/J.Richards--------

I've replaced Collins with K.Taylor for the simple fact that he puts a better ball in. Its a nice headache to have really. K.Taylor and Pope bring the best out of each other, in my opinion...

I am surprised and amazed that some fans want to drop Morsy for Roberts when form, motivation and recent performances all point to the opposite. I feel certain Mark Grew will keep Morsy in his starting line-up, not saying Roberts shouldn't play a part, but not at the expense of our new young star player.

I am surprised and amazed that some fans want to drop Morsy for Roberts when form, motivation and recent performances all point to the opposite. I feel certain Mark Grew will keep Morsy in his starting line-up, not saying Roberts shouldn't play a part, but not at the expense of our new young star player.

You're right, I keep Roberts in by default (don't see many games actually) if Morsy is walking the walk and Roberts' form has dipped keep Morsy in. Problem is we have Griff,Morsy,Roberts and Loft who are all central midfielders. Loft is a bit more flexible and can do a job out wide but the other three can't. Plus Griff is a good bloke so I wouldn't want to drop him (probably why I'm not a football manager).

IF Vale were to revert back to 3-5-2, I'd consider having Loft at wing-back. Didn't he do a cracking job at places like QPR??

Can't see it happening though.

Nice idea, I think we have to go for broke. Who would the three at the back be then? McBoom (obviously) Collins (for pace) Griff (holding) then the five

Yates Roberts Dodds Morsy Loft (Dodds just behind the front two). Pope and MR up front.Yates and Loft acting as wing backs. Sounds good to me. Or maybe switch Yates for K Taylor? (is there a left/right issue here?)

All theese teams without Morsey in the starting 11, have you all been watching different games than me, him & Griff were excellent on sat.......

agreed, but they are both players that play from deep, and against lincoln you just can;t do that. You've gotta play one or the other (or roberts) alongside Loft in my opinion

Archived