onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

With the squad situation as it is, what team would you play?

PV1993

Just a quick query as to who people would play on a Saturday with all thats going on? We can't really say non of them because, well, its not an option anymore...

I'd like to see a 4-3-3 formation as in:

--------------Martin/Tomlinson-----------

------------------------------------------

---Yates---McCombe--Collins---(???)---

--------------------Griffith----------------

---------------Morsey---Loft-------------

-------------------------------------------

-----------Dodds-Richards-Rigg----------

Bench: McDonald, James, Taylor, Williamson, Pope

Personally I don't really care which keepers in goal. They're about the same in ability. Martin's younger so maybe a decent run in the team may make him a bit better.

Defense wise, if we could sign ANYONE (of which, we can't) I'd like to see a left back. Lee Collins has been solid, but I'd rather see him at centre back, because we have no pace there, which makes us susceptible to counter attacks, which - over the course of this season - has been our achilles heel. Owen and McCombe at CB is TOO SLOW and while we need one of them for ariel strength, both of them is like having both Pope and Richards up front (They're too similar). Is Roe fit? I haven't seen much of him but I suppose he would be the candidate for Left back in our current squad.

In a midfield three I would play Griff as a ball winning, Central defensive midfielder who sticks to sitting in front of the back two. I can't remember who is was, but Torquay have a man deployed in this position and when they came down to the Vale, we couldn't get past him! Also, Griff gets too far forward at times which is when Loft disappears out of games. Therefore, I would give Loft a more attacking role, and then Morsy can spread passes about, and with some hard work on the training ground, mould him into someone who can actually take a decent set piece!!! (One reason why I miss Kris Taylor)

Pope and Richards upfront - as said before - are far, far too similar. In a front three, with Richards being the front man, I would have either Dodds/Rigg/Taylor/Williamson upfront beside him. The only reason I chose Dodds/Rigg was because Taylor and Williamson can come off the bench and hurt teams on our big pitch!

So there, that's the team I would play. Although I am fully behind the protests, the protesters, and its major importance towards the future of our club, this is just a thread where (hopefully) it won't be discussed, and we can have a discussion about what Port Vale's main purpose is: Football.

Dustbin sheilds at the ready! :razz:

Advert

I'd like us to play Chasetown youth team as our own youths beat them 10-0 not long ago.

More seriously

Tommo if fit, or Martin

Yates Collins if fit, James, McCombe

Griffith Loft if fit Morsy Davis

Pope Williamson Richards (not in positional order)

Might have more of a chance of winning if we play with 12 :razz:

Martin

Yates McCombe Collins Loft

Dodds Morsy Griffith Rigg

Williamson Richards

Archived