onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Statement: Loan

Santa

He was very bitter when HE gave me a mouthful when HE forgot to give way to me in his car at the bottom of Hot Lane.

I had to laugh though, same old Bill. Even when he's wrong he thinks he's right.

Ha ha - the couple of times I've met him, Belly was on good form...I wanted to hate him, but couldn't somehow.

Advert

Ha ha - the couple of times I've met him, Belly was on good form...I wanted to hate him, but couldn't somehow.

Just a loveable rouge Mark, if only we had got him now in the boardroom, these four parasites that we have got now, would be run out of town with a axe no doubt.

its laughable......theyre going round and round in circles....

It would only be funny if it were not happening to our club Jase. And we knew there would be a happy ending ... eventually.

Shouldn't you be at the brit tip, supporting the clarets?

What a **** poor statement. Ignoring the lack of detail for a second, it reads like a poorly educated 11 year old wrote it. This . is a full stop. Please use them in the future.

My manager would ******* me for sending such a poor piece of writing to anyone. Even if it was an internal e-mail I'd get an ear full, never mind one going out to our supporters/customers. These lot cant even get the basics right.

So if the council hold the freehold on the land but someone else owns whats on the land under a long lease what happens if the council gets first dibs?

That's not how it works, I don't think.....the club own the freehold - but subject to a mortgage with the council - they have to pay off the council loan to keep it. If they fail to make payments than the council can take the land and sell it to cover the debt.

The Gibraltar lot are in the same boat as the council, the club owe them the money plus interest and they have a right to take possession of the ground in the event of a default, but they have to pay off the council before they can get any money out of it.

The council must have agreed to the second mortgage, or it's not legal.

Neither of them, as far as I am aware, has a lease - either long or short - on the land.

What I can't understand is that it supposedly a short term cash flow issue - which suggests something unforeseen, which isn't normally what happens in football......unless they have been telling stories about the financial position before ( surely not......)

What is equally odd is why they have to go to a relatively unknown company to borrow the dosh, and have to secure it on the ground.....not good practice for a short term cash requirement, it's how a lot of people end up losing their homes - and especially not smart if the cashflow problem is something longer term that means they won't be able to pay......

That's not how it works, I don't think.....the club own the freehold - but subject to a mortgage with the council - they have to pay off the council loan to keep it. If they fail to make payments than the council can take the land and sell it to cover the debt.

The Gibraltar lot are in the same boat as the council, the club owe them the money plus interest and they have a right to take possession of the ground in the event of a default, but they have to pay off the council before they can get any money out of it.

The council must have agreed to the second mortgage, or it's not legal.

Neither of them, as far as I am aware, has a lease - either long or short - on the land.

What I can't understand is that it supposedly a short term cash flow issue - which suggests something unforeseen, which isn't normally what happens in football......unless they have been telling stories about the financial position before ( surely not......)

What is equally odd is why they have to go to a relatively unknown company to borrow the dosh, and have to secure it on the ground.....not good practice for a short term cash requirement, it's how a lot of people end up losing their homes - and especially not smart if the cashflow problem is something longer term that means they won't be able to pay......

The interest rate will be throught the roof. But, who cares? They will be off and running with the cash, and A N Other will end up paying. That's PD and PM's game plan. Up to now they are on schedule.

Just to remind those going on about the good old days and Billy Bell.....the "improvements" he managed with the stand from Chester cost the Vale a sight more than it cost him....he bought it, and sold it to the Vale for a whacking good profit....plus he got a big kick-back (allegedly) from the consultants who designed/ developed Lorne Street.....plus the club had to loan cars for the players from his garage, at somewhat inflated rates, and he owned the club shop on its former site and charged the club daft dosh for renting it.....

If you add to that the frequent dodgy counting of gate numbers, always on the low side......

Not exactly a paragon of virtue, in fact I'd be tempted to say the only difference between him and the current lot is that he actually put some money in in the first place.....which is a big difference I will admit........even so, it was hardly a good example....

Just to remind those going on about the good old days and Billy Bell.....the "improvements" he managed with the stand from Chester cost the Vale a sight more than it cost him....he bought it, and sold it to the Vale for a whacking good profit....plus he got a big kick-back (allegedly) from the consultants who designed/ developed Lorne Street.....plus the club had to loan cars for the players from his garage, at somewhat inflated rates, and he owned the club shop on its former site and charged the club daft dosh for renting it.....

If you add to that the frequent dodgy counting of gate numbers, always on the low side......

Not exactly a paragon of virtue, in fact I'd be tempted to say the only difference between him and the current lot is that he actually put some money in in the first place.....which is a big difference I will admit........even so, it was hardly a good example....

Not to mention the brand new Bentley that appeared, shortly after Ant Gardner was sold for a pittance to Alan Sugar's Spurs.

What is about football?

Is there a person of integrity anywhere, at any level, in a club or in the FA or FL?

Just to remind those going on about the good old days and Billy Bell.....

Definitely not a paragon of virtue, but we had a good team and some great times under Bell. That is the big difference.

Archived