onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Statement: Loan

Santa

People protested because he sacked Rudgie you ********!

To this day, i say the decision to sack Rudge, when he did, was the right one. Rudge had lost it, and had done for about 18 months before the sacking.

However, what really rankled was the manner in which he sacked him. He should have paid him what he was due, as soon as he sacked him.

Advert

Very true words G4E. Also lets not forget that MF was one of the clueless Pro board WUMs until recently :(

Actually, I wasn't...I just hoped that we weren't being lied to, and got a bit fed up of all the conspiracy theories going around - I know I was mistaken about them, but it was something I admit to now, and I've apologised to those of you who actually deserve an apology, and it's been accepted. Obviously not by you, but I'll live with that.

I wasn't the only one on here or elsewhere who fell for the story, and a lot of that is because it was actually a viable plan. I thought that Blue Sky's business model would have been credible IF it was really there in the first place - and I'm still convinced it would / could have worked IF the people in charge hadn't been a bunch of crooks. The club IS a potential goldmine if run properly, and there's a load of money to be made from non-football activities - which is something that we haven't done well in the past. A half decent CEO and commercial department would generate revenue to pay for a top footballing set up - and the two would feed each other, since we'd get increased gates because of the football side.

We can't exist purely on a football basis, because there's not enough money in it - unless you are in the Prem.

So if that makes me clueless, then I'll hold my hands up.....my mistake was to trust that the people selling that idea were trustworthy and not a bunch of shysters.

Bill Bell had a decent footballing setup, but it wasn't a sustainable financial model, which is why we ended up in admin. I didn't get involved in the "Bell Out" movement - my involvement with the club started when I was co-opted into VAR and met folk from VAST.

I found out about what Bell had been up to from someone "in the know" when they installed my central heating....I can't remember the guy's name, but he was more than trustworthy.

So if you still feel like having a pop, feel free, but please get your facts right.

I don't disagree but to be fair, we were in the Championship, getting to the Anglo-Italia finals and beating Everton, and had done well to get there, auto promotion and beating Premiership Southampton in the cup.

I'd love to be back there again with Rudge in charge.

I'd love to be in the Championship again, with a decent manager and the finance coming in to back him up - so we don't have to make money by selling our best players.......and I think we wouldn't be able to do what we did before, getting them in from non-league, or on loan and buying cheap, because all the best ones get snapped up by the big boys and with Bosman, there's no real money to be made.

That's why we need a decent non-football set up too - to get the dosh flowing in.

Archived