onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kidsgrove v Port Vale - match thread

Emile

Advert

Not worth reading much into it but it wasn't the most inspiring of performances by two teams who seemed at an equal level.

Legge looked very poor compared to Smith and Rawlingson, Danny Pugh was dire, Tonge's dead ball was just a waste of space. Kanu and the trialist looked out of their depth.

Hannant and Worall looked dangerous on either side. Dodds showed glimpses of his quality. Joyce looks like he can pick a pass. Pope's movement just showed what a quality player he is. Vasell was very vocal and didn't mind getting his foot in. Brown made two very good saves.

Encouraging, long way to go though and very interested to see Miller and Gibbons when he's back.

Not worth reading much into it but it wasn't the most inspiring of performances by two teams who seemed at an equal level.

Legge looked very poor compared to Smith and Rawlingson, Danny Pugh was dire, Tonge's dead ball was just a waste of space. Kanu and the trialist looked out of their depth.

Hannant and Worall looked dangerous on either side. Dodds showed glimpses of his quality. Joyce looks like he can pick a pass. Pope's movement just showed what a quality player he is. Vasell was very vocal and didn't mind getting his foot in. Brown made two very good saves.

Encouraging, long way to go though and very interested to see Miller and Gibbons when he's back.

Gibbons played.

It’s funny you mention Pope. Second half I stood on Gibbons side of the pitch and what I did notice was the movement and runs of Angus and Kanu. When Gibbons got the ball and looked up there was little for him to hit, he seemed to berate Angus’s movement at quite a few points. But when Pope cane on it was totally different as he offered to feet and just showed what a more experienced player he is in that forward role. There’s a lot to learn for our younger forwards.

Gibbons played.

It’s funny you mention Pope. Second half I stood on Gibbons side of the pitch and what I did notice was the movement and runs of Angus and Kanu. When Gibbons got the ball and looked up there was little for him to hit, he seemed to berate Angus’s movement at quite a few points. But when Pope cane on it was totally different as he offered to feet and just showed what a more experienced player he is in that forward role. There’s a lot to learn for our younger forwards.

Oh did he come on second half for Theo? My bad

Gibbons played.

I was standing where Angus got his instructions at half time which were to try and get runs in to get behind the centrehalves. Being fair he made the runs he was asked to do but we never hit him. We seem more comfortable playing the ball in to Pope, which isn't surprising because that's what we did last season. On a relatively small pitch there isn't a lot of room to try and play the ball in behind the defence and the balls we played just ran through to the keeper.

McKeown made it to Ireland so must be in with a contract shout.

On a relatively small pitch there isn't a lot of room to try and play the ball in behind the defence and the balls we played just ran through to the keeper.

The long balls were pointless, as they were constantly over hit, we did less of it second half.

Archived