onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Advert

3 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Wtf do you think you are?  I will post however I want to, who are you to tell somebody else not to bother.  That about sums you up over the years.

As for your actual content, that all needs doing but like it or not, and I am not a fan of Jeremy Corbyns Labour, only a Labour government will deliver a genuine difference to the NHS.  Another 5 years of Tory rule will see more and more back door privatisation until its dissolved forever.  

My options when people break the rules regarding the swear filter are either delete the post or edit..... if I delete the post it's pointless writing it so why bother?..... I don't usually edit..... there are other options available.

You can post however you want to.... within the rules of the forum.... avoiding the swear filter is not within the rules.

46 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Was it your decision to move abroad?

How do they deal with people who cant afford it wherever you are?

In Thailand if you are incureable they send you home to die.

For every inpatient there is usually a family member at the hospital to care for the patient..... unless you go private.

15 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

So what would be different?

I'm talking about redesigning the whole system from the principals up, not just building more or employing more or spending more.

Design a new system that will be fit for purpose and have provision to adapt to future need.

Expensive?...... frighteningly so..... but worth it.

Some privatisation serves a purpose.I previously raised an issue re missed appointments and the cost.I’m not advocating paying for health treatment as not everyone can afford it but a small fine ,say £5,for missing a hospital appointment may have some effect.Because the NHS is free it is easy for some people to take it for granted.The cost to the NHS is well in excess of £100 per missed appointment .A lot of people who want to be treated have to wait longer for appointments due to no shows.Unless a doctor ‘s note can be provided by the no show a fine could be applied.

24 minutes ago, geosname said:

The short answer.....

Capability, flow, waiting times, accessibility, staff recruitment, drug access.....

Built with a future need capability.

13 minutes ago, geosname said:

I'm talking about redesigning the whole system from the principals up, not just building more or employing more or spending more.

Design a new system that will be fit for purpose and have provision to adapt to future need.

Expensive?...... frighteningly so..... but worth it.

Sorry, you can’t build a national health service on waffle. 

13 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Some privatisation serves a purpose.I previously raised an issue re missed appointments and the cost.I’m not advocating paying for health treatment as not everyone can afford it but a small fine ,say £5,for missing a hospital appointment may have some effect.Because the NHS is free it is easy for some people to take it for granted.The cost to the NHS is well in excess of £100 per missed appointment .A lot of people who want to be treated have to wait longer for appointments due to no shows.Unless a doctor ‘s note can be provided by the no show a fine could be applied.

I think people should be given the bill for the care they received. Not that they have to pay for it, but to see what the cost was so they don’t take it for granted. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-10-28/government-pauses-100m-ad-campaign-for-october-31-brexit-preparations/

100 million spent on advertising saying get ready for brexit on October 31st. And not to mention the Brexit 50ps which have been melted down. What a complete waste of resources which could have been used elsewhere. Boris knew full well that there was every chance parliament could block leaving before 31st October, yet he said there was no way we'd not leave. Another lie to his collection. 

20 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Sorry, you can’t build a national health service on waffle. 

Founded 1948 the population was 50 million, life expectancy was 66 & 70, retirement age 65, cost £248M....£140M over budget.

2019, population 67.9M, life expectancy 81, cost between £130B and £139B. Still underfunded.

Throwing money at it hasn't worked.

I would suggest bringing everything under one NHS. Dental, mental, paliative etc. Cut out the charities and local authorities etc.

From the cradle to the grave.

28 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

I think people should be given the bill for the care they received. Not that they have to pay for it, but to see what the cost was so they don’t take it for granted. 

Great idea,can we start with the health tourists.

Oh,hang on they dont pay for it anyway but do take it for granted.

Don't think it will work.

Archived