onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Defence

PV1993

Smith always plays better when he's on the left side of defence. The times he's played on the right he's seemed to be unsure of himself. Anderson is a better right sided partner but he'll have to be careful because he tended to drift to the centre/right too much. But he's much better than Kay.

Said it last week and again this week, Gunning would be great if his distribution improved.

Advert

Smith always plays better when he's on the left side of defence. The times he's played on the right he's seemed to be unsure of himself. Anderson is a better right sided partner but he'll have to be careful because he tended to drift to the centre/right too much. But he's much better than Kay.

Said it last week and again this week, Gunning would be great if his distribution improved.

I think Smith should be allowed to go out on loan in January. Hopefully then he will come back with a bit of fire in his belly like last time.

• 2 weeks later...
Agree. Anderson alongside Smith for me. They complement each other and seem to have a better understanding than Kay had with Smith.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Burnley fan here, always kept an eye on Anderson as he's been with us since he was a kid, how's he getting on?

I know it's unlikely he'll ever make a 1st team appearance for us, especially as his contract is up this season, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

I've only seen him in a few games but he's done fine for us so far.

As a tall lad he's obviously good in the air and gets good distance on his headers.

He puts the ball in Row Z if in danger but that's also something that I like in a big central defender, no fancy stuff.

He's done quite well for us in recent games alongside Smith. But I don't see him as a Premiership player. Without wanting to be unfair on the lad I think he's designed for a career in leagues one and two. I'm pleased he's here and he speaks enthusiastically about our Club which is nice.

Any chance of that bloke named Dyche doing a bit of extra coaching for us in the evenings! :wink:

Ridiculous

Please please please can everyone stop quoting and responding to this wind up merchant. Surely it’s obvious that as more and more people realise he is just on a wind up he is saying more and more controversial things just to get a response!

The sooner everyone stops quoting him and just ignores him the sooner we can move on.

Burnley fan here, always kept an eye on Anderson as he's been with us since he was a kid, how's he getting on?

I know it's unlikely he'll ever make a 1st team appearance for us, especially as his contract is up this season, but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Good solid defender for us in division 2. Alongside our own starlet from last season we have stabilised into a solid formation. Anderson has gelled well. He heads well, reads a good game and has a no nonsense approach. He also likes us fans. I see him as a target for a contract here when you release him. Thanks for coaching him along, now let the lad come here and scale the leagues with us. Also good luck to you lot. Your manager is solid and our new man is moulding himself into a similar long term success.

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Roos is on a week to week contract I believe so can go any time. Anderson is on a 12 month loan - is there a break clause in January? Wilson is on a two year contract on good money. Much as we would like to, we can't just get rid of players.

What has happened with Wilson? I was impressed with him when he was in Bolton. He could play all over the pitch and he always seemed to put in a good shift. Now he cant even make the bench in League 2? I'm on the wrong side of the Atlantic so any insight you gents might have would be greatly appreciated.

Archived