onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Should Deakin get fired as CEO?

Burslem Academicals

Deakin has insulted a major club sponsor and it would seem has yet again been caught out and found to be telling lies....the evidence being emails that Deakin sent...this is after the lies during the Nantwich scandal....does the club now have any option but to sack Perry Deakin.

Yawn. :boring::boring::boring:

Advert

The question has now been asked numerous times. How is Mark Simms a major sponsor of the club?

Nobody seems able to answer this.

Therfore, Mark Simms is contributing nothing to the club compared to Perry Deakin who has purchased shares and is in his own interest to make the club successful.

Yet people continue to bash PD and worship MS.

The question has now been asked numerous times. How is Mark Simms a major sponsor of the club?

Therfore, Mark Simms is contributing nothing to the club compared to Perry Deakin who has purchased shares and is in his own interest to make the club successful.

"Former" major sponsor is more appropriate. I'm not knocking him- he has done a lot, and presumably will do a lot. During the past twelve months with talk of him joining the board, it would have been foolish to pump money into sponsorship, when he might have been buying shares.

Im not knocking PD, I easily could but there is not point

MS was responsible for putting about 250k into the club for no personal gain or financial return. Makes 100k seem small especially considering the return on the 100k in termns of remuneration, bonuses and commission on commercial deals.

I wonder if he gets commission on selling himself shares?

Interesting point

As an example, lets say he gets 30% [ just an example figure ], so he would get 30K back for selling himself shares. Im not saying he is able to do it by the way.

I wonder if he can take shares in lieu of commission owed, some thing I have done in the past at another company.

Interesting point

As an example, lets say he gets 30% [ just an example figure ], so he would get 30K back for selling himself shares. Im not saying he is able to do it by the way.

I wonder if he can take shares in lieu of commission owed, some thing I have done in the past at another company.

I doubt that the tax man, or for that matter, the Football League would look upon that scenario too favourably. :razz:

I doubt that the tax man, or for that matter, the Football League would look upon that scenario too favourably. :razz:

Not sure of the legal side

I did once take shares in lieu of commission, dont think there was any issues at the time, but it was over 10 years ago - oh and by the way the shares are now worthless :( bad mistake by me.

I did once take shares in lieu of commission, dont think there was any issues at the time, but it was over 10 years ago - oh and by the way the shares are now worthless :( bad mistake by me.

We are all prone to making them... I nearly bought shares in 2001 a while back

Shares in lieu of commision is perfectly legal, but then take additional commission on those shares is, shall we say, unethical! Whether or not it is properly declared to the tax man is then a matter of legality!

Shares in lieu of commision is perfectly legal, but then take additional commission on those shares is, shall we say, unethical! Whether or not it is properly declared to the tax man is then a matter of legality!

Ah OK, I get what your saying now.

After having a very interesting and torrid time with the tax man surrounding a company house I once lived in rent free in London I learnt never to cross him.

Another costly lesson for me!

Ah OK, I get what your saying now.

After having a very interesting and torrid time with the tax man surrounding a company house I once lived in rent free in London I learnt never to cross him.

Another costly lesson for me!

:D

Been there, done that!

First year of trading with my company, the tax man decided to do a full audit of my books. They had one man come from the Stoke office, one from Birmingham and one from London. They stayed for 3 days at the taxpayers expense going through everything on me in full detail in order to determine in the end that I was in default of my tax...to the tune £12.50!! I asked them if I could pay in installments over 12 months! It didn't go down well! :laugh:

No, he shouldn't be sacked. I think his judgement could be called into question considering the response but that's about it.

Could you imagine the tribunal if it did happen?

Judge - "So Mr Deakin, how long was it before the fans began to call for your head?"

PD - "Actually, it was before I started..."

Archived