onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A picture speaks a thousand words

Unofficialvale

Smurf at Oxford Away when we were 2-0 down, he's certainly made a mess this season but i think it's getting to him aswell as us.

I am in no way defending what's happened nor am I for or against smurf. A few key points in my opinion:

- Attempted to take a gamble this season, which one of us can honestly say we wouldn't have done the same? Considering one of the great managers in football called him up and recommended Bruno & Bruno promising him the world.

- Hasnt signed a proven striker since Tom Pope left, I don't understand why he believes you can sign them for the same as a centre half.

- Should probably have kept Dodds and maybe Dicko from last season, none of them have really shined away from the club.

- This "loan" he has with the club, is a paper loan and if/ when the club is sold will be wiped.

- Appointing Michael Brown was always inevitable after Bruno, he shouldn't be the manger now in my opinion because he hasn't done anything since being in charge either. And for what people are saying the majority of the players he uses are his or he agreed to sign or keep in the summer.

Overall, it's been a bad season we know that and there's no hiding it. Whatever happens in the summer (club won't be sold) with players and managers remains to be seen. Also if we're in league one or two, we've got to support the club afterall, it might not be in existence now if it wasn't for what happened in 2013.

Support the team, support the club and have opinions but don't let it kill what you all love so much.

2dce6d1e24a6d59032aed8b39bc6c817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Smurf at Oxford Away when we were 2-0 down, he's certainly made a mess this season but i think it's getting to him aswell as us.

I am in no way defending what's happened nor am I for or against smurf. A few key points in my opinion:

- Attempted to take a gamble this season, which one of us can honestly say we wouldn't have done the same? Considering one of the great managers in football called him up and recommended Bruno & Bruno promising him the world.

- Hasnt signed a proven striker since Tom Pope left, I don't understand why he believes you can sign them for the same as a centre half.

- Should probably have kept Dodds and maybe Dicko from last season, none of them have really shined away from the club.

- This "loan" he has with the club, is a paper loan and if/ when the club is sold will be wiped.

- Appointing Michael Brown was always inevitable after Bruno, he shouldn't be the manger now in my opinion because he hasn't done anything since being in charge either. And for what people are saying the majority of the players he uses are his or he agreed to sign or keep in the summer.

Overall, it's been a bad season we know that and there's no hiding it. Whatever happens in the summer (club won't be sold) with players and managers remains to be seen. Also if we're in league one or two, we've got to support the club afterall, it might not be in existence now if it wasn't for what happened in 2013.

Support the team, support the club and have opinions but don't let it kill what you all love so much.

There was also a picture in the Sentinel with him leaning over the wall with his head down after Oxford scored the second and he was not a happy bunny so he knows how we feel.

Pity it had to get to this.

Great post.

Two questions i would like an answer to, firstly, who signed the foreigners? Was it norm as some suggest, or was it bruno and norm just signed the cheques? If it was Bruno, you cant really lay blame at smurfs door for them, other than taking a chance on bruno.

Secondly, when brown (not really officially appointed!) decides not to play players like Amoros and instead fields muck like pugh, why persist with him? We probably would have been better off keeping bruno seeing as brown hasnt really changed much. Its a shame we have lost Walker, Shodipo, Thomas and Guy to injury as with those four i think we would be comfortable now. Any news on Andoh?

Great post.

Two questions i would like an answer to, firstly, who signed the foreigners? Was it norm as some suggest, or was it bruno and norm just signed the cheques? If it was Bruno, you cant really lay blame at smurfs door for them, other than taking a chance on bruno.

Secondly, when brown (not really officially appointed!) decides not to play players like Amoros and instead fields muck like pugh, why persist with him? We probably would have been better off keeping bruno seeing as brown hasnt really changed much. Its a shame we have lost Walker, Shodipo, Thomas and Guy to injury as with those four i think we would be comfortable now. Any news on Andoh?

1- The foreigners were signed as a result of Bruno's previous targets and also an agent within the club (no longer there) who recommended a few of them I.e. Cicilia, Knops, Mbamba. Norman didn't really have a hand in any of the foreign transfers, he trusted what was being told to him and went with it.

2 - When Ive had off the record discussions with certain players, Brown has alienated a lot of the foreign lads and effectively told them they'll never play for him and unfortunately for him when his recruits got injured it back fired and he was forced to play certain players.

3 - Andoh is still with the club rehabbing, not being paid by us and actively takes part in training. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't sign a short term deal in the summer.

A really well rounded, thought out post. Equal to both sides and fair.

I think although Smurf can be apportioned blame as he should, the whole blame does not lie at his feet. I certainly don't think we're in the same situation as the likes of Coventry, Leyton Orient etc. and as such Protests are premature. They will certainly hinder the club more if we end up in administration again.

What he does need to do, if he doesn't sell the club by next season, is put right what he has got wrong. First and foremost, he has to rectify his relationship with the fans. We need to stand as one - there is no need for a divide. I believe cheap season tickets and a marque signing (has to be a striker) would go a long way in doing this.

There are many people who will still say that off the field issues need addressing and I do agree with that, but if he can show some kind of intentions to putting things right we can write this season off and start again.

UTV

Sounds like good constructive comment, nice to see rather than some of the pure bile people seem to like to write.

I agree in the main with everything you said just in my hume opinion i felt i needed to emphasize that brown had his hands tied with his working title of caretaker manager, no money and probable bad sentiment built up with agents and others in the game with how Rob page and other were manipulated out.

I'm gratful to Smurf in the whole just wished he'd kept that kind of thing secret it wasn't something to brag about. Can't wait for satd, eternally optimistic it could just be the best game of the season.... I don't want to set the bar to high. Onwards and upwards

Sent from my SM-G930F using the onevalefan mobile app

- Attempted to take a gamble this season, which one of us can honestly say we wouldn't have done the same? Considering one of the great managers in football called him up and recommended Bruno & Bruno promising him the world. Definitely wouldn't have done the same!! Bringing in a dozen or more young, unproven players who didn't know the league was always going to end one way.

- Hasnt signed a proven striker since Tom Pope left, I don't understand why he believes you can sign them for the same as a centre half. Fair Point

- Should probably have kept Dodds and maybe Dicko from last season, none of them have really shined away from the club. Dodds didn't want to stay, he had the offer of another year? And Dicko is garbage, he just fist pumps and blames everyone else when we concede.

- This "loan" he has with the club, is a paper loan and if/ when the club is sold will be wiped.Really????

- Appointing Michael Brown was always inevitable after Bruno, he shouldn't be the manger now in my opinion because he hasn't done anything since being in charge either. And for what people are saying the majority of the players he uses are his or he agreed to sign or keep in the summer. Jury is still out

Norman knows he dropped a monumental spherical orb and can see his total investment going down the pan but it can be turned round but at a cost now whether he's prepared to dig deep is open to conjecture.

From discussions with people close to him, he's just as disappointed and annoyed as we all are and is prepared and willing to try to turn this all around.

I don't think he is well enough mentally. He needs to knock it on the head for his own sake as well as ours.

Mentally he is fine, physically he's abit worse for ware. But nothing that's made any better or worse by the club. A lot of stuff on here and Rumours that happen are 95% *****.

Archived