onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

141 questions 141 hours

Burslem Academicals

"141 questions 141 hours"

So just when will they answer the questions asked?

They backed out of the promised meeting and now aplogists for Lloyd and Deakin who say we must not question but trust blindly otherwise

it could damage the deal suggest all will be clear by the AGM.

So just when will they answer questions about what they have signed "For Us All" despite a vote of no confidence and why haven't Blueskyturf formally introduced themselves and met the shareholders

to explain themselves before seeking to invest in a fans owned club.

Advert

[quote=Burslem Academicals;1618255They backed out of the promised meeting and now aplogists for Lloyd and Deakin who say we must not question but trust blindly otherwise

it could damage the deal suggest all will be clear by the AGM.

I'm going to assume that statement incorporates my good self, so I'll just make a coupple of things clear

1. I'm no apologist for ML or PD. Action still speaks louder than words, but neither am I going to have them hung, drawn and quartered before they have had a chance to take action

2. I am not asking anyone to trust blindly, as I do not trust blindly myself, but I am however willing to give people tohe opportunity to be as good as their word based upon the evidence provided

As for the thread, there is a good chance that in todays meeting with Mark Sims they are going through the 141 questions with him beforehand to provide him with a similar assurance. From the Sentinal report today, it is obvious they have read them because he refers to the most comment type of question.

As for when they give the answers, I do not know, but I strongly suspect that there are some who already have their response to the answers at the ready, i.e. "Don't believe them, it's all lies" and from the other side of the fence "Isn't this the same deal BB agreed. Bring him back!"

After all, it will most likely be revealed as a Press Release or statement from the club, which means we inherently won't believe it :laugh:

Some people will never be satisfied with any deal because it doesn't involve Mo and his stated monetary input. I would have welcomed Mo and was totally behind him, but i feel he gave up too easily. He was the same when he tried to buy the club when we were in administration and wouldn't go that extra step to purchase then.

So we are now left with the Bluesky bid. To me its money we didn't previously have so i am prepared to wait and see what answers are given regarding the bid. I am optimistic that Bratt and Oliver will be gone in the near future and think they no longer part of any decision making in the clubs future. Lets give them time and see what Mark Sims has to say before we continue to slate every announcement that comes out of the club.

Some people will never be satisfied with any deal because it doesn't involve Mo and his stated monetary input. I would have welcomed Mo and was totally behind him, but i feel he gave up too easily. He was the same when he tried to buy the club when we were in administration and wouldn't go that extra step to purchase then.

So we are now left with the Bluesky bid. To me its money we didn't previously have so i am prepared to wait and see what answers are given regarding the bid. I am optimistic that Bratt and Oliver will be gone in the near future and think they no longer part of any decision making in the clubs future. Lets give them time and see what Mark Sims has to say before we continue to slate every announcement that comes out of the club.

I echo this post 110%. I think that we need to give them time to get the details out there and decide based on that. The fact that Bratt and Oliver are fading into the distance is a necessity for me and I am happy that it seems to be happening. I am sure that they will be gone soon.

An apology or aplogy for the miss spelling it was a typo or tpo....

It was a simple question they got 141 questions they've had 141 hours....when will they answer....or does everyone have to wait till

the AGM.

Finally should not Blueskyturf actually show the good manners to

formally introduce themselves and explain themselves to the shareholders of a fans owned club before seeking to invest.

In my mind, if the club are taking their time to respond that can be taken two ways:

1. They couldn't care less and are not hurrying to answer

2. They are taking their time and genuinely want to answer questions in depth and detail.

I am expecting a response from the club pretty soon.

There's a difference between being an apologist for Lloyd and Deakin and being prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt for a couple of weeks until we actually know a little bit more. It seems a lot of people are going the other way, beyond simply scrutinising the bid, and looking for as many negatives as possible and trying to pick holes that are barely there.

I was under the impression that a response was expected by the club by the close of business tomorrow. 141 questions is a lot to answer and you can't just expect them to rush into them all.

Patience is a virtue.

Patience is a virtue? We've been waiting for something to happen for months. Prior to the EGM we were told the Ameriturf deal had been signed. Last December Mo announced his interest in investing. But guess what, still no funds for team strengthening. Due to the boards delay and preference to spending money on defending THEIR interests at the EGM, the team has suffered yet again and this season I fear, due to lack of investment and a productive summer in the transfer market, is now a write-off.

Asking people to be patient still, is in my opinion, taking the Micheal. Vale fans have been patient for years. All the talk of investment from Bill whenever anyone threatened his position, and nothing materialised.

Deakin and Lloyd are keen to point out that this is a new era of "openess and transparency", yet still move the goalposts and don't provide the shareholders, never mind the fans, with any concrete information regarding Amerisky. This initial press release was very wooly, so has Lloyd been when questioned on matters, how is that open and transparent?

Now we have Deakin, who previously denied wanting a seat on the board, doing just that. Why? It can't really be to get rid of Bratt because he admitted in public he had Bratts legally binding resignation letter and he would be gone when the Amerisky deal is signed.

There's too many questions unanswered, too many curveballs thrown in at the last minute to take attention away from previous concerns and the club is still as "open and honest" as it ever has been.

The club has had enough time, calls for patience are unsupported by their previous actions.

To quote Dave F on the other thread:

The meeting between myself and Mike Lloyd to facilitate replies to fans 'questions to the Board' took place this morning at Vale Park.

Due to the large volume of questions it was decided that ...

a) The numerous questions relating to Blue Sky (the American investor) would be forwarded to them for them to reply to the Supporters Club direct.

b) In order that every question submitted would get a considered response we agreed that this would take some days to complete and as such the list of questions and replies would be compiled during this coming week whilst awaiting the response from Blue Sky to their questions and published as one document before next weekend.

However, there was a one and a half hours general discussion about the investment which was both positive and constructive and gave me belief that a new regime is being put in place at Vale Park that has the professional expertise that was sadly lacking in the past.

For the record there are 10 pages of closely 'typed' questions.

Dave Felstead

Chairman

Port Vale Supporters Club

I'm prepared for this document to be released rather than judging our new CEO and Chairman based on the past actions of the useless CEO/Chairman.

To quote Dave F on the other thread:

I'm prepared for this document to be released rather than judging our new CEO and Chairman based on the past actions of the useless CEO/Chairman.

I aren't judging Deakin and Lloyd on the actions of the previous board. I'm judging them on their actions. Their comments at BGWMC which have proven to be false for example.

I aren't judging Deakin and Lloyd on the actions of the previous board. I'm judging them on their actions. Their comments at BGWMC which have proven to be false for example.

So why say you've been waiting for actions for months then if you're only judging them on what they do?

Archived