onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

141 questions 141 hours

Burslem Academicals

Some people will never be satisfied with any deal because it doesn't involve Mo and his stated monetary input. I would have welcomed Mo and was totally behind him, but i feel he gave up too easily. He was the same when he tried to buy the club when we were in administration and wouldn't go that extra step to purchase then.

So we are now left with the Bluesky bid. To me its money we didn't previously have so i am prepared to wait and see what answers are given regarding the bid. I am optimistic that Bratt and Oliver will be gone in the near future and think they no longer part of any decision making in the clubs future. Lets give them time and see what Mark Sims has to say before we continue to slate every announcement that comes out of the club.

Good point. I was in support of Mo as well, but I find the line of criticism for Bluesky slightly hypocritical from some others who backed him.

Mo gave a fairly detailed business plan, which I was very impressed with, that talked a lot about improving infrastructure and the commercial side of the club. He obviously had a vision, but he never explicitly stated how much money was going to go towards strengthening the team in the short term - it was mentioned in one bullet point if I remember rightly, but there's no reason to believe it would have been anything in excess of a couple of hundred thousand.

It seems like both plans are/were more centered around improving commercial areas and infrastructure as opposed to simply throwing millions into a black hole in order to buy the title, which I feel is a more sensible approach. The question about how much money is going to be spent on the team is a legitimate one, but it seems people are asking the question of one bid but not of another.

Advert

I echo this post 110%. I think that we need to give them time to get the details out there and decide based on that. The fact that Bratt and Oliver are fading into the distance is a necessity for me and I am happy that it seems to be happening. I am sure that they will be gone soon.

I wish they would hurry up and begone so i can attend home matches with my family again.

All Vale fans want to know more detail about the proposed investment by BS and I'm not surprised that people are getting impatient. We all care about Vale as the club is part of our lives.

I not a member of SEO or B&G but am pro-change but if there is one thing that these two groups have said that is absolutely correct it is that the day to day off-field/non-foorball management of the club is amateurish and shoddy. The lack of communicatiion by ML/PD about the new investment, the Nantwich Town debacle are just two examples.

PD acknowledged such shortcommings at BGWMC but they've continued with the poor communication over the new investment. PD has done a good job on the commercial side but the club need to improve communication with the SC/Vale fans and improve it quickly.

The old adage - You can make money in war, make money in peace but you can't make money in times of uncertainty - is true.

I'm going to assume that statement incorporates my good self, so I'll just make a coupple of things clear

1. I'm no apologist for ML or PD. Action still speaks louder than words, but neither am I going to have them hung, drawn and quartered before they have had a chance to take action

2. I am not asking anyone to trust blindly, as I do not trust blindly myself, but I am however willing to give people tohe opportunity to be as good as their word based upon the evidence provided

As for the thread, there is a good chance that in todays meeting with Mark Sims they are going through the 141 questions with him beforehand to provide him with a similar assurance. From the Sentinal report today, it is obvious they have read them because he refers to the most comment type of question.

As for when they give the answers, I do not know, but I strongly suspect that there are some who already have their response to the answers at the ready, i.e. "Don't believe them, it's all lies" and from the other side of the fence "Isn't this the same deal BB agreed. Bring him back!"

After all, it will most likely be revealed as a Press Release or statement from the club, which means we inherently won't believe it :laugh:

;):D

An apology or aplogy for the miss spelling it was a typo or tpo....

It was a simple question they got 141 questions they've had 141 hours....when will they answer....or does everyone have to wait till

the AGM.

Finally should not Blueskyturf actually show the good manners to

formally introduce themselves and explain themselves to the shareholders of a fans owned club before seeking to invest.

I think you will find Dave F advised that it would be before this weekend???!

Archived