onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Breaking News- bidders to join forces to make a superhedge consortium

Timothius

During previous fiascos and protests there was always hope because the bulk of the fans were united

Wrong. The fans were NOT united at the last protests.Some protested,some didn't,some abused the protesters as they walked past them before and after the games.

Advert

The 'bulk' were. Remember the numbers who attended meetings, marched from Burslem, and held up red cards?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

There was a big divide between the protesters and the anti protesters.The anti protesters hurling abuse at the protesters.Some still backed V2001 and wanted them to remain.

There was a big divide between the protesters and the anti protesters.The anti protesters hurling abuse at the protesters.Some still backed V2001 and wanted them to remain.

A perfect example of another poster who thinks they're always right. If memory serves correctly, weren't you the famous armchair fan who never attended anyway, so how would you know?

A perfect example of another poster who thinks they're always right. If memory serves correctly, weren't you the famous armchair fan who never attended anyway, so how would you know?

Incorrect and the armchair label was just made up when I missed a few couple of games.I went on the protests before the game,went the pub and back to protest against V2001 after the game.I still had a season ticket when it all started and bought one again for their last season.A season ticket holder of 30 years.

Now back to what you said earlier the fact is that fans were NOT United.

some people never happy or will be whoever runs the club fact!! too many ego's need massaging and think they no how to run a football club better!!

I'll ask you again John are you happy with the situation that the club is in,the way the club is run,the way its openly conducted on twitter.The way the club is marketed,promoted?

26-02-17, 09:19 AM #31

Jul 2012

After 34 years I'm not angry, I've simply given up. With the recent and current state of the club, there is nothing to tempt or encourage my attendance after I finally realised that football loyalty can soon become stupidity. I admire the remaining die-hards who still attend every game, but as I'm getting older (and hopefully wiser), sitting in a cold, gloomy, soulless wreck of a stadium, getting stressed over poor refereeing and terrible football, just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Once you stop attending games, you quickly find other things to fill the gap, that are often cheaper, healthier and more enjoyable. Returning to VP becomes a bind.

No doubt I'll be criticised by some for not being a 'proper' fan, but I know different and realise the club owes me nothing and I owe them nothing.

:whistling: :opps: :wink:

Some posters on here are cringeworthy and obsessed with fanning the flames and dividing the club and fanbase. During previous fiascos and protests there was always hope because the bulk of the fans were united, but this time there are too many rifts and egos to give hope that this cause is worth fighting. Everyone is sick of regular these PVFC meltdowns and this time could be one time too many.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

it was meant as a bit of lighthearted banter. It seems some on here have had a sense of humour bypass

Think some one needs attention as this is 2 threads he's started,have a break from OVF and spend some time in the pubs

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

at half 7 in a morning Grebo? My problem isn't that bad yet :-)

some people never happy or will be whoever runs the club fact!! too many ego's need massaging and think they no how to run a football club better!!

and here is John with his standard copy and paste reply. I think you need to lighten up John, this thread is just banter, not serious

26-02-17, 09:19 AM #31

Jul 2012

After 34 years I'm not angry, I've simply given up. With the recent and current state of the club, there is nothing to tempt or encourage my attendance after I finally realised that football loyalty can soon become stupidity. I admire the remaining die-hards who still attend every game, but as I'm getting older (and hopefully wiser), sitting in a cold, gloomy, soulless wreck of a stadium, getting stressed over poor refereeing and terrible football, just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Once you stop attending games, you quickly find other things to fill the gap, that are often cheaper, healthier and more enjoyable. Returning to VP becomes a bind.

No doubt I'll be criticised by some for not being a 'proper' fan, but I know different and realise the club owes me nothing and I owe them nothing.

:whistling: :opps: :wink:

If you support your home town club you support it forever through thin and thinner times,Anyone can run off and support man u,or liverpool in the seventies or any team that wins leagues or cups year in year out.I support Port Vale and will do till i die im not a supporter of chairmen or certain players i support my club that i have grown up with for 67 years. Good for you if you have found something else to do i have in later years i play golf in the week but but never play saturday when the Vale are playing you and others who turn there back on my club do not deserve the respect of true vale fans in fact you make me sick.

Archived