onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Watching With Interest

Memphis

I shouldn't have to defend myself to you. I will report that post because yet again the implication there is that I am racist.

In reality I've not made a single comment ever that could be interpreted as racist, xenophic, discriminatory to anyone apart from morons.

the worst racists are those that look for racism that isn't there. How bad is it that a post that Mo Chaudry himself (and I say this because he's clearly intelligent) would not find racist is suddenly being defended from my terrible racial attack by people who are more than likley working to middle class white people. So patronising. And I think your attitude to me and my posts is way more offensive to anyone from a different ethnic background than anything I will ever say.

Back to my original point in this post. You need to get back into reality and stop sitting at a computer screen trying to fight a racial battle on behalf of someone in a different racial group to you who has not even been racially abused.

Pathetic, once again, from this website.

You'll have difficulty defending that first sentence, as you have previously said that everyone is 'naturally' racist - a comment I and others took exception to.

For what its worth, I don't think you are a racist. I think you spout a lot of nonsense at times, but don't we all?

Advert

I shouldn't have to defend myself to you. I will report that post because yet again the implication there is that I am racist.

In reality I've not made a single comment ever that could be interpreted as racist, xenophic, discriminatory to anyone apart from morons.

the worst racists are those that look for racism that isn't there. How bad is it that a post that Mo Chaudry himself (and I say this because he's clearly intelligent) would not find racist is suddenly being defended from my terrible racial attack by people who are more than likley working to middle class white people. So patronising. And I think your attitude to me and my posts is way more offensive to anyone from a different ethnic background than anything I will ever say.

Back to my original point in this post. You need to get back into reality and stop sitting at a computer screen trying to fight a racial battle on behalf of someone in a different racial group to you who has not even been racially abused.

Are you a natural racist then instead?

I disagree. This has been a very enlightening thread and one that you, ironically, have contributed more to than any other :yes:

I guess that a nerve has been touched.

Natural racism. It's probably not a sociologists terminology but I believe everybody is intrinsically racist. It's natural to 'prefer' people who are similar to yourself, as natural as it is for a mother to look after her baby. That doesn't mean that multicultural societies don't work and I love nothing more than learning about different cultures, especially when they have something to offer me that improves me as a person. But I've read of studies and there are plenty of science which backs it up (I'm going back years to when I briefly studied Social psychology) that people subconsciously protect their own race. It's human nature.

Sounds legit to me. You're not a professor are you? You should be.

Natural racism. It's probably not a sociologists terminology but I believe everybody is intrinsically racist. It's natural to 'prefer' people who are similar to yourself, as natural as it is for a mother to look after her baby. That doesn't mean that multicultural societies don't work and I love nothing more than learning about different cultures, especially when they have something to offer me that improves me as a person. But I've read of studies and there are plenty of science which backs it up (I'm going back years to when I briefly studied Social psychology) that people subconsciously protect their own race. It's human nature.

Looks like you can google after all.

http://socyberty.com/ethnicity/is-racism-natural/

From that article:

"When you show a baby a picture of its’ mother you get a stronger reaction than if you show it a picture of a stranger. If you show a baby a picture of a stranger with similar hair color and skin tones of its’ mother, you get a stronger reaction than if you show it a picture of somebody with different colored skin."

Well obviously cos it thinks the person might be its mother!!

How proposterous is tha above!!!

If a black woman raises a white baby, if you show it pictures of other black women it will have a stronger reaction than if you show it a picture of a white woman cos it associates black skin/hair with its mother. A baby has no concept of its race/colour.

Anyway, we should have another thread on this.

Archived