onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer deadline

yorky valiant

Advert

We dont need 2 new keepers just a new number one, a first choice. I really believe micky doesnt have a clue which one's best so he picks which ever takes his fancy on that day.

You stated earlier that Tomlinson AND Martin are both "pretty poor," now you're saying that we need just one new keeper to be number 1.

So, where do we get a decent, experienced and reliable number 1 for free on the kind of money that we can afford to pay in wages? Oh and lets just hope he does'nt get injured or has a loss of form because the understudy we have is pretty poor.

You continually criticise our keepers yet you won't state what your qaulifications are for knowing more than MA or MG, a keeper with nearly 20 years experience, who are both happy with what we have.

You do not state how we will fund the transfer or pay their wages. You do not get good keepers on free transfers.

And to finish your jibbering criticism you now state that despite having 2 pretty poor keepers, only 1 is needed to improve the situation.

........... Is it me?.............:rolleyes:

You stated earlier that Tomlinson AND Martin are both "pretty poor," now you're saying that we need just one new keeper to be number 1.

So, where do we get a decent, experienced and reliable number 1 for free on the kind of money that we can afford to pay in wages? Oh and lets just hope he does'nt get injured or has a loss of form because the understudy we have is pretty poor.

You continually criticise our keepers yet you won't state what your qaulifications are for knowing more than MA or MG, a keeper with nearly 20 years experience, who are both happy with what we have.

You do not state how we will fund the transfer or pay their wages. You do not get good keepers on free transfers.

And to finish your jibbering criticism you now state that despite having 2 pretty poor keepers, only 1 is needed to improve the situation.

........... Is it me?.............:rolleyes:

they both wudnt go one of them wud be back up probably tommo. As for the money side, well we've signed sum1 from Rangers today so are we not paying his wages? I dont pretend go be an expert just stated i'd like a clear number 1 at the club for stability and while your on your high horse about Grew wasnt he the one whos eye is so gud for talent he bought Anyon through the ranks and tipped him for a bright future? Im not slating our keepers cus they both try their best but will never get better.

they both wudnt go one of them wud be back up probably tommo. As for the money side, well we've signed sum1 from Rangers today so are we not paying his wages? I dont pretend go be an expert just stated i'd like a clear number 1 at the club for stability and while your on your high horse about Grew wasnt he the one whos eye is so gud for talent he bought Anyon through the ranks and tipped him for a bright future? Im not slating our keepers cus they both try their best but will never get better.

So why would you want Tomlinson to stay as understudy especially when you claim he is a poor keeper?

On the money side with regards to the player Little from Rangers, yes his club do pay his wages. However, he has played only a handful of games and is therefore relatively inexperienced. You imply that we need a good keeper who is reliable, experienced and better than what we've got, so you can't compare the two.

How many keepers fitting YOUR criteria have been sold/ loaned today?

Outfield players such as Little are easier to get on deadline day than goalkeepers!

As for you insinuating that Grew was wrong in tipping Joe Anyon to have a bright future, well i think that at the time he was spot on. Anyon made his debut for us aged 20, having already played for England schoolboys. He made over 100 appearances and was being watched by several Premiership clubs including Fulham who made an offer of £250,000 for him. He was also voted Player of the Year and was doing well until he broke his leg. Unfortunately he never got over it and was'nt able to reach the high standards he set himself. It happens.

wind your neck in, most clubs have a poor second keeper on the bench but also a defo first choice. I dont expect vale to brake records to bring a keeper in, just an opinion that maybe there may be an experianced keeper sat on the bench in league 1 or championship that may provide somethin abit more reasuring! Jesus, thought this forum was about open discussion?

Breaking News: Harry Redknapp has just been stopped in his car by intrepid Sky Sports News reporter Gary Cotterill, and unfortunately it is bad news for Tottenham fans as he says they have missed out on a deal for Gary Cahill, while there is no truth in the Kaka rumours and he is not expecting any more arrivals at White Hart Lane tonight. Do we believe Harry that nothing is going to happen? His phone kept ringing throughout the short conversation.

Archived