onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Congratulations Perry Deakin

tonyh

So, the man's trying to get the ground named. Something I told Glen to do years ago(as I bet did many others). He's been pro-active and doing his job. Perhaps he'd be better thought of, if he sat in his office, locked the door and drank tea all day.

Advert

I know of one paddock board [ away end side ] sold for £ 750 + 2 free tickets, I also know of others sold for £ 1500 with no free tickets

Dont think there is a uniform rate

Exactly why the people on here demanded to know what we get for every little commercial transaction the club does are in cloud-cuckoo-land. If the club did that they would get screwed into the ground on every deal.

Guest thecharlatans
If Adams stands down the Meigh could just sponsor another employee which

could be Deakin....indeed via sponsorship the new board of directors could

be a front for the old.....Lloyd,Deakin,Melzack,Hooper....only with 55% complete control.

why on earth would they want to do that?

were do you get b£350 with two free tickets my mate paid £1450 for his advertisihg board and i have seen the bill ,the catering we will get a %of the takeings and the ground was not sold for £25k it was just the stand bycars end

I say again, sponsorship of the ground was offered to Broxap for £25k per year for a minimum of 2 years. I have seen the email in which this offer was made. Broxap chose not to take up the offer for obvious reasons!

I think that if not working for Bratt, Oliver and Lloyd, Deakin would be a real asset to the club.

The trouble is that he is employed by them, so when given a brief of "sell these hoardings" he does that, regardless of how little the revenue is.

When he is instructed to "overcome the protests" he does it, regardless of much it annoys people and creates divides between the club and the fans.

If instructed to "anger and wind-up anti-board groups" he is forced to do it, regardless of what he wants to do. It is his job.

It is interesting that when the board needed a forth member to satisfy the FA, Deakin didn't stand up to the mark. It seems odd that he wouldn't have been the man to do so given that he speaks so highly of the clubs future. Perhaps he didn't in fact have faith in his own employees, the clubs finances and general running of Port Vale to take on any liabilities?

I don't think he is doing a particularly wonderful job for reasons stated above, but he is doing the job given to him by the board, with very limited resources (personnel and finance) backing him.

Get the rest of them out, and then I'll make a call on how good I think Perry is for the Vale.

On a side note, as for the stadium rights, I will be livid if they have been sold. I am proud to support Port Vale of Vale Park, not Port Vale of the JCB stadium or Ameriturf Park. I don't care how much (or little) money the board can make, you cannot put a price on the stadium name.

Let's be honest, the ground would change in name, but to me I will still be sending my afternoons at vale park despite what they choose to do. If if brings in revenue then I'm all for it... The only people that will be calling it the JCB stadium will be the media...

Buffwa/Barcroft. You make some really good points. I think most people have sussed out Perry but don't like to admit it, but nobody knows his remit. Whatever, he is clearly better than his predecessor but selling hoardings isn't his job, maybe he should be the marketing guy? I dont think he is a front man. As for the naming rights, if this does go ahead, and it is a potentially lucrative income stream, you don't sell it cheaply. The 25k is real. That's a joke.Even BRoxap refused it. Make it a 6 figure sum and move on. But for me, Vale Park will always be just that.

Unfortunately the positives seemed to be outweighed by the negatives at the moment in relation to Perry.

• Rising prices in the ground and in corporate areas
  • Only one table booked for meals before Accrington
  • Removal of tea and coffee from boxes - small touches make all the difference
  • Box holders no longer able to attend man of the match presentation
  • Moving the sponsors lounge

That's just a few, there are most likely more. While winning new business is good, if you can't keep that business you will suffer in the long run.

The thing that so many people on here are forgetting is that Lemon Top was asked to leave by many of his previous employers..... Make of that what you will but you don't often get asked to leave your position if you are doing a good job. Something is a little fishy and the 'Lemon Zest' doesn't cover the pong for me.

The thing that so many people on here are forgetting is that Lemon Top was asked to leave by many of his previous employers..... Make of that what you will but you don't often get asked to leave your position if you are doing a good job. Something is a little fishy and the 'Lemon Zest' doesn't cover the pong for me.

On the flip side you can't be that bad if you can keep getting jobs at other clubs and get a positive reference from the club's you've left.

Archived