onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Unbelievable 999 calls

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

The story [in a nutshell] that was published in the 60s [?] concerned a man who lost his entire family in a very short space of time and spent the rest of his time sitting in a room laughing.

I lived and worked in blackpool for a while in my younger days... sold rock on the front, worked in the tower, winter gardens, palatine hotel [pub] and pleasure beach... it was a ****hole then it hasnt changed much except in the deterioration

It doesn't really compare with Vegas but I did love the World Matchplay darts in Blackpool where the atmosphere in the Winter Gardens was electric.

MVG was phenomenal.

ived and worked in blackpool for a while in my younger days... sold rock on the front, worked in the tower, winter gardens, palatine hotel [pub] and pleasure beach... it was a ****hole then it hasnt changed much except in the deterioration

Like any holiday place you judge it by the people that holiday there and most people that holiday there are solid honest decent working people...yes its somewhat run down but it was when we used to day trip there 40 years ago. To look at it doesn't compare with Barbados or Ibiza but I'd rather be with the Blackpool holidaymakers.

Like any holiday place you judge it by the people that holiday there and most people that holiday there are solid honest decent working people...yes its somewhat run down but it was when we used to day trip there 40 years ago. To look at it doesn't compare with Barbados or Ibiza but I'd rather be with the Blackpool holidaymakers.

The thread has gone off-topic but anyway Unfortunately, a number of people who visited Blackpool 20-40 years ago found it the 'honest' working-class holiday resort it traditionally was, but have told me they were shocked at how downmarket and downright dangerous it had become, notably the centre of the town near the Tower and the areas south of there behind the 'Golden Mile'.

Crime levels are amongst the highest in the north, and it is recognised as a haven for criminal gangs from other areas. So it is the area, not just the people. I wonder when you last visited Blackpool ?

Also, have you ever been to Ibiza or Barbados just out of interest ? Ibiza is a beautiful place, and there is nothing wrong with the people that go there either.

[/color]]It doesn't really compare with Vegas but I did love the World Matchplay darts in Blackpool where the atmosphere in the Winter Gardens was electric.

MVG was phenomenal.

Hilarious to even mention them in the same thread. Probably ok for anyone who finds darts the most riveting form of entertainment though.

The thread has gone off-topic but anyway Unfortunately, a number of people who visited Blackpool 20-40 years ago found it the 'honest' working-class holiday resort it traditionally was, but have told me they were shocked at how downmarket and downright dangerous it had become, notably the centre of the town near the Tower and the areas south of there behind the 'Golden Mile'.

Crime levels are amongst the highest in the north, and it is recognised as a haven for criminal gangs from other areas. So it is the area, not just the people. I wonder when you last visited Blackpool ?

Also, have you ever been to Ibiza or Barbados just out of interest ? Ibiza is a beautiful place, and there is nothing wrong with the people that go there either.

Hilarious to even mention them in the same thread. Probably ok for anyone who finds darts the most riveting form of entertainment though.

FYI,I responded to the Winter Gardens comment from geo.:razz:

FYI,I responded to the Winter Gardens comment from geo.:razz:

FYI, your post- started with a comparison with Las Vegas,. :razz: -

Anyway, start saving up for 2017, you could go to this (at the Winter Gardens) instead of the scintillating darts

http://www.rebellionfestivals.com/

I heard it's rumoured that Jimmy Pursey and Captain Sensible tear lumps out of each other to get first look at what you post on here.:laugh: Sweet 180 dreams.

It doesn't really compare with Vegas but I did love the World Matchplay darts in Blackpool where the atmosphere in the Winter Gardens was electric.

MVG was phenomenal.

Been to the PL darts in Exeter twice and enjoyed it enormously..players at the top of their game and a fantastic fun atmosphere. Reminds me of how football used to be apart from at Vale seeing players at the top of their game:wink:

Been to the PL darts in Exeter twice and enjoyed it enormously..players at the top of their game and a fantastic fun atmosphere. Reminds me of how football used to be apart from at Vale seeing players at the top of their game:wink:

Yes,it's a wonderful experience,you can't beat a bit of bully can you?

While we are on the subject of darts,I saw the Crafty Cockney in Leek the other week,lovely bloke Eric,always speaks.

FYI, your post- started with a comparison with Las Vegas,. :razz: -

Anyway, start saving up for 2017, you could go to this (at the Winter Gardens) instead of the scintillating darts

http://www.rebellionfestivals.com/

I heard it's rumoured that Jimmy Pursey and Captain Sensible tear lumps out of each other to get first look at what you post on here.:laugh: Sweet 180 dreams.

Not my kind of thing really and I'm surprised you subscribe to that sort of newsletter but each to their own?:unsure:

Not my kind of thing really and I'm surprised you subscribe to that sort of newsletter but each to their own?:unsure:

Just to put you right, as your posts often make quantum leaps to assume things, it wasn't from a newsletter and no subscription is involved.

I remembered the Winter Gardens and looked up what goes on there, and up came the punk festival.

Nothing wrong with punk music either, as with darts each to their own as you say, so I'm not being defensive.

The thread seems to have gone way off topic now, so Im off to watch some horror dvds (Night of the Living Gove, Frankenstein created Brexit and Quarter-May and the Pit). Dont forget to feed the ferrets before bedtime

Yes,it's a wonderful experience,you can't beat a bit of bully can you?

While we are on the subject of darts,I saw the Crafty Cockney in Leek the other week,lovely bloke Eric,always speaks.

Used to get up the Crafty Cockney (ooooerr missus) occasionally back in the day...always a good crowd in there. it's such a boring chain place now

Bea Smith, you are so wise and so great. There is indeed nothing wrong with that punk rock kind of music style. Or darts. So kind of you for allowing us plebs these small pleasures. And thank you for giving us the low down on Blackpool, a place where I have family and kind of liked visiting. Now, thanks to you, I know the error of my ways [is this okay admin?]

The latest time waster was on the phone from Stratford-on-Avon last Tuesday evening.She called the West Midlands ambulance at 7.17pm last week and asked for a lift home in an ambulance after a trip to the shops made her feet sore.She moaned that her toes were "burning" after walking round in high heels and she wondered if the 999 crew could drop her off?

Call centre colleague Jo Bird tweeted "Female age 32 has just called 999 as her feet are hurting after being out shopping all day and wants a ride home.Whilst I think we can all sympathise,especially if in heels,it's not an appropriate use of life-saving services".Jo added hashtags #999-abuse and #notataxiservice.

Time wasters are estimated to cost the West Midlands service alone tens of thousands of pounds a year and have 522 nuisance and hoax calls a year

These people want naming and shaming,they've got to be taking the ****?

Archived