onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why are people wary of Mo?

mr.hobblesworth

There seem to be quite alot of people that are adamant in their dislike/ distrust of Mo Chaudry. Is this just due to the Miners' pensions scandal? I imagine that any successful business man would have people criticising him, but in Mo's case there does seem to be a larger amount than normal.

(This isn't an exercise in ****-stirring; I'm genuinely interested in why some people are apparently so dubious.)

Advert

Pick from: 'He's not a vale fan', 'He's Asian', 'Pensions', 'I'm afraid of change', 'I cant think of anything factual to say, and so its the best excuse I can think of'.

And it isn't just Mo. Look back at the threads about Newton. The same kind of reasons were given there ('He cant be trusted', 'He wants the land', 'He wants the club on the cheap').

Surely you can see whats happening here?

There seem to be quite alot of people that are adamant in their dislike/ distrust of Mo Chaudry. Is this just due to the Miners' pensions scandal? I imagine that any successful business man would have people criticising him, but in Mo's case there does seem to be a larger amount than normal.

(This isn't an exercise in ****-stirring; I'm genuinely interested in why some people are apparently so dubious.)

What are your views about Jim Gannon now?

Pick from: 'He's not a vale fan', 'He's Asian', 'Pensions', 'I'm afraid of change', 'I cant think of anything factual to say, and so its the best excuse I can think of'.

And it isn't just Mo. Look back at the threads about Newton. The same kind of reasons were given there ('He cant be trusted', 'He wants the land', 'He wants the club on the cheap').

Surely you can see whats happening here?

I see that people with a vested interest in staying on the board are doing their best to rubbish Mo's reputation.

However, and I know it's important to take this with a massive pinch of salt, it seems unusual that (and this is off the top of my head) the club's bank, businessmen, the local MP and others have all been reported as imploring the club to have no dealing with Mo, or refusing to work with him. This does seem unusual and can't all be lies. Can it?

Nobody has come up with any reason other than ."well such and such has said this".One thing I've always noticed is that people are always envious and suspicious of successful people.on the other hand a mate of mine refused to go to Vale when Bratt and co took over.His reason "Bratt is nothing but a liar".===

4 factual sentences.

People are nervous about the council loan. The forced repayment of that loan could break the club. Mo wants to take over. Mo has a history with the council.

I have enough experience with successful businessmen to know that there is often a "colourful" history to their dealings. I see it as part of the package and Mo doesn't scare me too much - but if there are people ready too dig around a bit, there's usually plenty to go at.

Let's face it, OVF have done a pretty good job on the present board who, before they became involved with V2001, were pretty much anonymous, locally.

I see that people with a vested interest in staying on the board are doing their best to rubbish Mo's reputation.

However, and I know it's important to take this with a massive pinch of salt, it seems unusual that (and this is off the top of my head) the club's bank, businessmen, the local MP and others have all been reported as imploring the club to have no dealing with Mo, or refusing to work with him. This does seem unusual and can't all be lies. Can it?

The bank comment came from Jackson and is ludicrous. Where the hell do you think Mo keeps his money?

Businessmen who are vale fans such as Mark Simms are very supportive of Mo (as are Thompstone and Smith who have had closer contact than most of us with both parties). Which businessmen are against him precisely then perhaps we can comment.

As for the MP's, you mean Roger Ibbs (say no more!), and Joan "I got bill his MBE" Whalley.

4 factual sentences.

People are nervous about the council loan. The forced repayment of that loan could break the club. Mo wants to take over. Mo has a history with the council.

I have enough experience with successful businessmen to know that there is often a "colourful" history to their dealings. I see it as part of the package and Mo doesn't scare me too much - but if there are people ready too dig around a bit, there's usually plenty to go at.

Let's face it, OVF have done a pretty good job on the present board who, before they became involved with V2001, were pretty much anonymous, locally.

The council want the loan back regardless of who is in charge. Who would be best to be able to deal with that, Mo or V2001?

4 factual sentences.

I would think that MC has the experience of dealing with the council, are there not elections due, new members? Paying off, doing a deal, it is all possible in the current economic climate if you have the money.

MCs biggest challenge is the fear of change by some people. Mine is the fear of not changing. Jump into the lifeboat or sink with the ship.

The bank comment came from Jackson and is ludicrous. Where the hell do you think Mo keeps his money?

Businessmen who are vale fans such as Mark Simms are very supportive of Mo (as are Thompstone and Smith who have had closer contact than most of us with both parties). Which businessmen are against him precisely then perhaps we can comment.

As for the MP's, you mean Roger Ibbs (say no more!), and Joan "I got bill his MBE" Whalley.

So it's a mixture of pro-board people sh!t-stirring and lies? Fair enough.

It's just that lies and dirt-dishing normally have some kind of base in truth, if you see what I mean. Joan Whalley may have got Bratty his MBE and be a friend of his (or whatever) but that still doesn't explain why she was (apparently) so vehement in her dismissal of Mo. Similairly, Jackson's comment about the bank refusing to work with Mo. Is that really a completely made-up statement or does it have any basis in fact. It seems quite a bizarre and random thing to lie about if it's completely fabricated.

I don't live in the area and have never heard of Roger Ibbs. Why is his opinion so dismissable?

I really want Mo to succeed in his takeover; I'm just curious as to why he seems particularly open to such vehement mistrust.

Nothing, but I am interested - are you going to answer? Put your answer in another thread if you feel that this is off topic...

My opinion is pretty similair to what it was when I wrote this a month ago, with the difference that I no longer believe that Jim can turn it around due to shortcomings in him as both a person and a manager.

For the record, I don't particularly like JG, although I was originally happy with his appointment; I find him abrasive, arrogant and aloof. However, I actually want him to turn things round - you (pl) really don't seem to. Ditto Exodus; I'm sure that if you watched over everyone's beloved Gary Roberts with the same critical eye that Geohaghan has been observed with (and in turn gave Exodus the benefit of the doubt occasionally) there would be a different reaction to both players.

I prefaced that post with...

No, it gets horrible on here because people like you, with your pack mentality, your pathetically abusive messages, your blinkered view and insistance on blaming absolutely everything that goes wrong at Vale on either the board or manager (although preferably both), your delight in finding the latest player to scapegoat, your refusal to accept that maybe things weren't so ticketyboo under Adams and that maybe, just maybe, this slump was coming whoever was in charge.

(Not directed to yourself, by the way!)

...and that is something that I broadly stand by. I hate the vicious, rent-a-mob, pack mentality adopted by many Vale fans and perhaps that counted in some way for my defence of Jim.

The council want the loan back regardless of who is in charge. Who would be best to be able to deal with that, Mo or V2001?

Under the agreement undetaken by V2001, the council can now end the payment holiday the board have enjoyed up to this point. If there is a change of ownership the council can enforce repayment in FULL.

In answer to the original question my wariness of Mo is based on things i have been told about his business practices. I believe that Mo Chaudry is only interested in his own personal gain and not the best interests of PVFC or its fans. And im not on about redeveloping the ground or any of that, i just think that Mo Chaudry will be associated with PVFC while it suits him, and when it doesnt he'll walk away no matter what state it'll leave the club in.

Im no supporter of the current board, but equally im not taken in by Mo Chaudry's well rehearsed PR offensive.

Some bloke in front of my yesterday said he didn't like him because of the pensions. When I challenged him and told him about good dealings people I know have had with him he just went quiet and then turned around and said 'Plus, he's a ****ing **** (derogatory term for Asians that is starred out)'

These are the scum we are up against.

Archived