onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton 1 - Port Vale 1: post match comments

Tenement Funster

Overalll, I thought it was a good game - entertaining in both sides - took us a while get going in the first half and it reminded me of the game their last year and the year before that.

In the second half we had enough chances to win about 4 games! How Pope missed that one on one I do not know, Taylor and Williamson both had good chances too.

How the **** didn't that player get sent off for that hand ball!?

I don't think we're far off at all, onwards and upwards!

Thats the problem we havent been far off for the last 2 seasons with a some decent investment in the team who knows:yes:

Advert

Then your opinion contradicts with that of Ray Williams who was doing the commentary!

I wasn't alone. A lot around me were very worried. He got done three times when he was the last man which gave their player a free run into the box with low hard crosses cut out by the centre halves. Yes he did ok at times but was done one on one in crucial areas far too much even though he was up against arguably their best player.

I wasn't alone. A lot around me were very worried. He got done three times when he was the last man which gave their player a free run into the box with low hard crosses cut out by the centre halves. Yes he did ok at times but was done one on one in crucial areas far too much even though he was up against arguably their best player.

Owen & McCombe got done far more often, one of them cost us the goal

Owen & McCombe got done far more often, one of them cost us the goal

Well if you watched the first goal, it was partly Yates fault, as he didnt go on the far post (where the ball went in), and on 3 occasions ( there chance) they came down the right so i wasnt watching from one side i was in the away end as was everyone else!

The concern for me is that three centre backs are all very similar and once we come up against a team with pace down the middle and on a bigger pitch we could be left wanting as we have absolutely no pace whatsoever through there .

Well if you watched the first goal, it was partly Yates fault, as he didnt go on the far post (where the ball went in), and on 3 occasions ( there chance) they came down the right so i wasnt watching from one side i was in the away end as was everyone else!

Yates isnt tasked with going to the far post.

There were more than 3 excellent crosses from their right winger in the second half, Collins played far worse than Yates based on that

But the man who scored with a free header, not even jumping, was supposed to be John McCombes man to mark, he lost him. Yates can't mark 2 men!

Yes it does, as there attacks came from that side!!!

That's probably because their best player was on that side and yet they got nothing from it. what about the good stuff he did in later getting foprward to push, that man back, the superb tackle he made in the second half.

You see this is what I mean, instead of giving the lad a fair crack and saying he was no better or worse then the rest of the back line, he is being singled out for some reason! He had the hardest job on the pitch defnesively, and tio my mind, he did his job...trying to blame him for the goal when it was another defenders fault is just trying to look for reasons to have a go and justify your complaint where there isn't one.

I'm not saying he was MOTM or even the best player in the squad, but come on, the level of attrition that is building towards him on the terraces is looking all too familiar to me and is disproportionate and unjustified!

But the man who scored with a free header, not even jumping, was supposed to be John McCombes man to mark, he lost him. Yates can't mark 2 men!

That's probably because their best player was on that side and yet they got nothing from it. what about the good stuff he did in later getting foprward to push, that man back, the superb tackle he made in the second half.

You see this is what I mean, instead of giving the lad a fair crack and saying he was no better or worse then the rest of the back line, he is being singled out for some reason! He had the hardest job on the pitch defnesively, and tio my mind, he did his job...trying to blame him for the goal when it was another defenders fault is just trying to look for reasons to have a go and justify your complaint where there isn't one.

I'm not saying he was MOTM or even the best player in the squad, but come on, the level of attrition that is building towards him on the terraces is looking all too familiar to me and is disproportionate and unjustified!

Fair enough, Yates is usually good and consistent but last night me and the fans around me all though he was poor and worse than the others defenders, im not having a go at yates as he is generally good but he was not good at all yesterday. Even if he is marking their best player it dosent make a difference he shouldnt be letting him get so many crosses in, as I say im not having a go as he is a good player but was poor yesterday!

those who booed Tom Parkes at the end, bit harsh the lad has a broken ankle and has had his loan terminated and sent back to Leicester

Tbh I felt he deserved booing (as did the whole Burton team who were allowed to do whatever they liked by the Ref - we should have had 4 penalties) as his injury was caused by himself making a late lunge on Rob Taylor

Archived