onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Burton 1 - Port Vale 1: post match comments

Tenement Funster

SV

Yates had to handle easily their best player and in the main did it very well

I have noticed a trend which started at the end of last season though to not give Yates credit. There was a home game I remember at the end of last season, but can't remember who it was against!

the opposition tried to break down the left from a corner. Yates ran almost the length of the pitch from 20 yeards behind the attacking player, caught him up, held him up and when the man tried to beat him, he tackled him, picked up the ball, played it into the middle, I think to Morsey who knocked 30 yards up the wing when who was there to pick it up, Yates, he beat a defneder coming across, played a bll to the far post, and both the Richards ran to the near post. Next thing I hear from someone nearby is, "Useless, Yates you're f***ing usless!"

Why is there this natural tendency amongst our fans to irrationally single out one of our own polayers for unjustified criticism?

Advert

I have noticed a trend which started at the end of last season though to not give Yates credit. There was a home game I remember at the end of last season, but can't remember who it was against!

the opposition tried to break down the left from a corner. Yates ran almost the length of the pitch from 20 yeards behind the attacking player, caught him up, held him up and when the man tried to beat him, he tackled him, picked up the ball, played it into the middle, I think to Morsey who knocked 30 yards up the wing when who was there to pick it up, Yates, he beat a defneder coming across, played a bll to the far post, and both the Richards ran to the near post. Next thing I hear from someone nearby is, "Useless, Yates you're f***ing usless!"

Why is there this natural tendency amongst our fans to irrationally single out one of our own polayers for unjustified criticism?

God knows SV, its always been the same

Yates last night was a lot better than Owen, McCombe and Collins.

Yates is also very consistent, Adams rates him

I like Yates but last night I thought he was poor, especially going forward. Zinedine Doug Loft was outstanding, I've never seen him look so quick. Did anyone else not think John McCombe was pulled down in the box right at the end, just before he got into that tussle and for some reason they got a freekick? A good performance and a win at the weekend would mean that we have had a brilliant start to the season. Keep Loft fit and get Big Marc Richards firing and we'll be well placed come the end of the season. Up the Vale.

I think the 1500 vale fans singing you dont know what your doing and the referees a ****er thought it was a penalty mate. That ref is **** he sent tomlinson off last season at rotherham when it wasnt even a straight red we appealed the decision and got the red card down graded to a yellow but that didnt help us in the match as we obviously went on to lose 5 nil.

After last night perfomance its apparent that if we are to achieve at least a top 7 position we have to play through the midfield because when we did we looked a dangerous outfit,when we revert to the long ball its a much of a much and doesnt get us anyware also more width is required.

I hope to see that when eventually I can start going back to home games lets hope from Sundays meeting we can have some hope from the answers the board give to us.

Decent point. Decent performance.

We won't be far off from what I've seen.

Who was the total ****ing <ovf censored> who was singing anti vale songs and screaming at tommo he is rubbish as the lad is about to take a goal kick?

There's no place for nobbers like him. Never seen anything like it.

This concerns me. I couldn't get to the match because of work but did get to listen on the radio. I heard them rave about Yates making a goal saving tackle in the second half and every other time he was mentioned, it was about his consistency on the night, how he kept Meghora out of the game for them and by the end had pushed their dangerous winger back into defensive duties, I heard themn mention a poor delivery from him once in the second half but heard more about poor deliveries from roberts than Yates!

why does he get such a bad press? Is he the next whipping boy for no reason what-so-ever amongst the fans? By the end of the match, the commentators easily had Loft as MOTM, but they had Yates up there in second or third. Why such a differing opinion?

Whenever I see Yates he is always consistent, however, many people on here don't rate him.

Looks like him and Haldane are he ones who always take the flack for whatever reason.

Paradoxically, Rob Taylor and Louis Dodds are inconsistent, and have been for 3 or 4 seasons. For some reason, the same fans that dislike Yates and Haldane seem to see Taylor and Dodds as saviours. Fortunately for Vale, Adams knows that all this pair are good for is a 10-15 minute substitute run out when things are going well. A good full 90 mins is beyond them both. Fringe players is all they have been and ever will be.

Again........fans have their favourites, and another one is Roberts. Yes, he was a breathe of fresh air this time last year, but due to his demons he has been under performing for way, way, too long. However, for some reason only known to his fans, Roberts remains the darling despite having nowhere near the consistency of an Adam Yates.

I like Yates but last night I thought he was poor, especially going forward. Zinedine Doug Loft was outstanding, I've never seen him look so quick. Did anyone else not think John McCombe was pulled down in the box right at the end, just before he got into that tussle and for some reason they got a freekick? A good performance and a win at the weekend would mean that we have had a brilliant start to the season. Keep Loft fit and get Big Marc Richards firing and we'll be well placed come the end of the season. Up the Vale.

Boom Boom was pulled down in a pretty violent fashion. Unfortunately the ref / assistants must've only seen his reaction, hence the free kick. Poor by the assistants. At least they must have seen the whole episode? And should have told the ref. Poor.

Overalll, I thought it was a good game - entertaining in both sides - took us a while get going in the first half and it reminded me of the game their last year and the year before that.

In the second half we had enough chances to win about 4 games! How Pope missed that one on one I do not know, Taylor and Williamson both had good chances too.

How the **** didn't that player get sent off for that hand ball!?

I don't think we're far off at all, onwards and upwards!

Archived