onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dodds signs for shrews!!

carpetman123

I don't understand how people all of a sudden think Page was the next Mourinho and that Dodds has all of a sudden turned into Ronaldo just because he had a good end to the season.

Page has left because he was offered a 3 year contract, which I think is ridiculous to offer that to a manager who is still learning his trade and quite frankly has an average record. Smurf would of been stupid to try compete with that. Northampton will soon realise what a mistake that big contract is, just like Bury probably are with the Pope situation. Smurf made the correct decision that time and let's be honest even though we never replaced him, do we really miss him?

Dodds is baffling a very average player at best and in nearly 10 years has done no where near enough, for the odd moment of brilliance we would then get 5 matches where it was like playing with 10 men. He will be nothing more than a squad player at Shrewsbury also.

Advert

I don't understand how people all of a sudden think Page was the next Mourinho and that Dodds has all of a sudden turned into Ronaldo just because he had a good end to the season.

Page has left because he was offered a 3 year contract, which I think is ridiculous to offer that to a manager who is still learning his trade and quite frankly has an average record. Smurf would of been stupid to try compete with that. Northampton will soon realise what a mistake that big contract is, just like Bury probably are with the Pope situation. Smurf made the correct decision that time and let's be honest even though we never replaced him, do we really miss him?

Dodds is baffling a very average player at best and in nearly 10 years has done no where near enough, for the odd moment of brilliance we would then get 5 matches where it was like playing with 10 men. He will be nothing more than a squad player at Shrewsbury also.

The point is though dodds is a great squad player, of the top of your head can you personally name a better squad player we could get with the little money that dirt bags going give the new manager. Say about three or four more players leave i dont see how were going sign up new players for the new season.

The point is though dodds is a great squad player, of the top of your head can you personally name a better squad player we could get with the little money that dirt bags going give the new manager. Say about three or four more players leave i dont see how were going sign up new players for the new season.

A great squad player is a bit OTT. How many times has Dodds come off the bench and changed a game? He maybe fun and a laugh in the changing room but that doesn't produce results on the pitch. Its not my job to find players, but I'd reckon there is plenty of players out there. Ajay for example is one we signed last year, was meant as a squad player but ended being our number 1. Dodds can and will be replaced.

And five assists, which means he scored or made more goals than anyone other than AJ who matched him. I just hope we have someone lined up who can replace him in terms of goals, assists and his contribution in the dressing room. Team spirit plays a large part in the progress of any club and Louis Dodds was a key part of that.

Just like Williamson last year, second highest goal scorer and his assists meant he contributed virtually the same amount as goals as Pope, should we have kept him also?

Stop talking sense man' date=' it will confuse those intent on mass hysteria![/quote']

I know I can't help but think that some are just using this as an excuse to have a pop at Smurf. If Dicko and Yates leave they will compared as the next Dani Alves and Cafu and it will be RIP Port Vale.

I know I can't help but think that some are just using this as an excuse to have a pop at Smurf. If Dicko and Yates leave they will compared as the next Dani Alves and Cafu and it will be RIP Port Vale.

Why would you need an excuse to have a pop at smurf? there are enough good reasons without excuses.... oh hang on... he was partly responsible for a promotion some time ago Im told

What bothers me a little is why Louis Dodds has left now. His new contract was on the same terms as his existing contract which he was quite happy to sign. What's changed?

He's been a bit part player for 7 of his 8 years with us. He only played regularly last season under Page. Now Page has gone, maybe he felt he might not play much again? Shrewsbury might have offered a bit more cash too?

Why would you need an excuse to have a pop at smurf? there are enough good reasons without excuses.... oh hang on... he was partly responsible for a promotion some time ago Im told

Yes, but he's maintained our position on his own. Yes he is a pr disaster he's admitted that himself. Put it one way Smurf has done more for Port Vale in his short time here than Dodds did in 8 years 😉

Yes, but he's maintained our position on his own. Yes he is a pr disaster he's admitted that himself. Put it one way Smurf has done more for Port Vale in his short time here than Dodds did in 8 years 😉

If he knows it why keep doing it?

Hes done more harm than dodds too

And that my friend is the bottom line!

Maybe Smurfy should stick a shirt and a pair of shorts on (not a pretty sight I'm sure) ponce around a little, pump his fist a few times and turn up 1 week in 5 and let Dodds, Pope et al pay his wages...

We are after all doomed to relegation next season apparently so what's the worst that can happen?

Archived