onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 2nd Feb 2016, Port Vale v Swindon, pre-match comments and the match itself

Fosse69

Advert

Purkiss should have been brought on after the 1st goal it was obvious that Yates was getting beaten down that wing,

Two points on that issue;

Did we not scout Wigan beforehand to see how lightning-quick that winger was?

Did Rob Page on this occasion lack the emotionless, clinical decision-making that was needed after less than 10 minutes?

I can live with bad days at the office etc, but the whole ground could see Yates being ripped to pieces - I'm not sure how leaving him on was going to get better over 90 minutes!

I hope it isn't postponed again due to wind. We can't afford to send another load of pies back.

When we've had tricky wingers, the opposition double up on him to give the full back support. Unfortunately, Yates rarely gets it. When Purkiss first came, he was bombing up the touchline getting forward. Haven't seen that when he's played recently.

We don't often use subs wisely do we?

Has Page ever made a tactical change before half time? It's usually after 70 minutes and very frequently a lot later.

It's crystal clear that now we can make up to 3 changes using subs wisely can have a massive impact on the game.

Its a 14 man game now, not 11, but we do seem a bit timid and reactive in our use of subs. Maybe he'll improve in time, but we very seldom seem to try and make radical changes to substantially alter the course of the match, such as changing a player early on if he's struggling, or going, say, 3.5.2, if we're being outnumbered in midfield, or throwing on another forward and going 4.2.4 if we need a goal. Thinking outside the box. I think we can improve in this area quite a lot.

We don't often use subs wisely do we?

Has Page ever made a tactical change before half time? It's usually after 70 minutes and very frequently a lot later.

It's crystal clear that now we can make up to 3 changes using subs wisely can have a massive impact on the game.

Its a 14 man game now, not 11, but we do seem a bit timid and reactive in our use of subs. Maybe he'll improve in time, but we very seldom seem to try and make radical changes to substantially alter the course of the match, such as changing a player early on if he's struggling, or going, say, 3.5.2, if we're being outnumbered in midfield, or throwing on another forward and going 4.2.4 if we need a goal. Thinking outside the box. I think we can improve in this area quite a lot.

yes Sage but your thinking, our manager isn't so he must be a bit slow on the uptake.

I'm getting in first before Vale fan in Alsager (no offence, I love your teams really) this time -

Howjy in goal, might just scare a few off with his charm offensives

Boomer, Fairport Nick, and REP in the centre of defence as a 3-man centre back team, flanked by Mr Hobblesworth and late loan signing Ryan Burge as full backs, there would be so much confusion it should stop most teams

Jacko and Mark Grew in midfield

Wide players Smurf and Rob Page with Jan A moving upfield to be a lone striker.

Subs - Mrs Smurf, Eddie Hitler, a couple of club shop workers, Geo from Thailand, Robbie Williams dad and Steve Speed the groundsman.

That'll confuse the Swindon scouts who watched us at Wigan.

Streete for the out of form Duffy and that would be my team.

For whatever reason i cant see Page playing Streete but as you say after his early season form when i thought he was excellent Duffy has gone back to his usual last season self,making mistakes and constantly blaming others for them

I also thinks Duffy's attitude to fans is all wrong

For whatever reason i cant see Page playing Streete but as you say after his early season form when i thought he was excellent Duffy has gone back to his usual last season self,making mistakes and constantly blaming others for them

I also thinks Duffy's attitude to fans is all wrong

Can I ask I'm what why you believe his attitude to be all wrong?

To be honest I've never seen him show any appreciation to any fans who pay to see him play football every week. Also I agree that hes quick to blame players for mistakes.

Well as I didn't go sat but I am tomoz night because I like pain here's my team judging on comments after the no show v Wigan and the all round ok performance v Doncaster.

Alnwick

Purkiss Innis Duffy Dicko

Kelly Brown O'connor Kennedy

ROBINSON AJ

So out go the rest no excuses if u play crap u can man the kiosks .

Utv a bit of angry pride at least tomoz .

I'm getting in first before Vale fan in Alsager (no offence, I love your teams really) this time -

Howjy in goal, might just scare a few off with his charm offensives

Boomer, Fairport Nick, and REP in the centre of defence as a 3-man centre back team, flanked by Mr Hobblesworth and late loan signing Ryan Burge as full backs, there would be so much confusion it should stop most teams

Jacko and Mark Grew in midfield

Wide players Smurf and Rob Page with Jan A moving upfield to be a lone striker.

Subs - Mrs Smurf, Eddie Hitler, a couple of club shop workers, Geo from Thailand, Robbie Williams dad and Steve Speed the groundsman.

That'll confuse the Swindon scouts who watched us at Wigan.

I could do a job. Kick someone up in the air in the first 2 minutes? :D

For one when the players celebrated a dodds goal by running to the guy who had given him some stick,its fair enough to cup your ears etc but how Duffy reacted and the verbals he gave was very much ott but only my opinion of course

Archived