onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Two new players

MattW

Page said on radio Stoke that we'll have two new players in the squad on Monday. A striker who 'we'll be taking a look at in training' and a winger who 'will be going straight into the side'.

I wonder who they are??

Someone in bycars has mentioned Anthony Straker, ex of Southend York and Aldershot but he appears more of a defender cum midfielder. So I don't think one of them is him.

Thoughts??

Advert

No chance of it being Rooney. For a start, he'd cost money and the way Page was talking after the game would leave me to believe that the winger will go straight into the team but not the striker. Rooney would walk into our team considering his record in Scotland.

I reckon 2 loan signings, Banton from Wycombe and a youngster from either the Prem or Championship. Smurf surely wont be dipping into his pocket a month before he jumps ship down to Torquay.

Can't see it been Banton after what Page said, don't think we were looking at signing him in the summer, he only joined Wycombe at the beginning of June, a friend watched the reserve game in the week and said Banton looked well off the pace, did not look match fit, be surprised if it was him.

I don't think it'll be Banton. The winger seemed the first team player, striker more of a chancer who'll need more integration.

I thought hooper did ok with little service, held ball up ok and won a good number of flick ons

Suggestion Morsy is signing for Wigan. Perhaps the sell on fee we receive will go towards these players

Not sure what sell on fee we got for Morsy but he is out of contract in the summer, whatever he goes for I don't think it will be for big money with less than 6 months remaining on his contract.

I see someone mentioned Anthony Straker early on, hoping not him, he was released from York yesterday.

Archived