onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale Catering Franchise

andy jones

Advert

Guest kenny chuckle
I think it was the catering in the boxes/Waddington Suite and Delilah's Bar rather than the kiosks that was the main problem. Quite simply it was poor and the standard was affecting revenue in these areas. Current caterers are far better (Lindley Catering and Heathcotes Outside Catering if memory serves me right?). Local company as well.

peter coates owns lindley catering stadia catering and i would imagine it was a safe bet to say heathcotes aswell

The food in the restaurant was good if you were there with your mates etc... From a corporate point of view the whole experience was dire and needed an overall

I can kind of see where you are coming from, whenever we've had boxes we've done it as a group of mates and plates of chips etc at full time was just what the doctor ordered

I have had many a meal at vale including my own wedding the only people I have ever heard complain is you lot on here #onlyhappywhenmoanimg

I've had several opportunities to sample Vale's catering - on a corporate level with work, and meals in the restaurant....and similar corporate catering at the Brit, plus (just the once) an Exec Box at White Hart Lane....I guess it depends on what your standards are, but I've always been disappointed by the standard at the Vale....the Brit's not much better, but there was more choice.....not sure who was providing it at the time.

Vale's corporate hospitality etc has always needed a major revamp, but it's not rocket science to get it right, it just requires a professional approach, something that has been sadly lacking to date. Whether the current arrangement is a good thing or not, only time will tell.

I've had several opportunities to sample Vale's catering - on a corporate level with work, and meals in the restaurant....and similar corporate catering at the Brit, plus (just the once) an Exec Box at White Hart Lane....I guess it depends on what your standards are, but I've always been disappointed by the standard at the Vale....the Brit's not much better, but there was more choice.....not sure who was providing it at the time.

Vale's corporate hospitality etc has always needed a major revamp, but it's not rocket science to get it right, it just requires a professional approach, something that has been sadly lacking to date. Whether the current arrangement is a good thing or not, only time will tell.

It is where we are, there will be huge differences between clubs, value for money is the only judge. Been to Exec boxes at Liverpool, excellent food, but again the standard varied as the price of the menu ordered. London clubs of course are a different world. Groupon vouchers in London are an eye-opener for a provincial like me.

I have had many a meal at vale including my own wedding the only people I have ever heard complain is you lot on here #onlyhappywhenmoanimg

Wow!!

You invited everybody of OVF :ohmy:.I didn't think the room was that big or did you hire the whole Lorne Street?;);)

As an exile -where will I get my fix of Wright's pies from?

Look around the freezers when you are food shopping. Wright's now exports frozen pies to over 26 countries, so nottingham shoudn't be too much of a stretch. I used to munch them in madrid, perhaps the only capital european city where a wrights pie represents the healthy option.

I can kind of see where you are coming from, whenever we've had boxes we've done it as a group of mates and plates of chips etc at full time was just what the doctor ordered

But does a plate of chips really represent 'corporate hospitality'?

As has been said earlier, I guess it depends on what standards you set, but personally I thought the whole operation on our corporate side was miles behind our peers.

I don't think anyone would expect Michelin starred food etc, however on the exec boxes particularly, a bit of choice and a decent standard of food shouldn't be too much to ask for IMHO.

Archived