onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Donald Trump, beautiful and wonderful human being

davidatpreston

So you don't believe that our British society should be upheld by Christian values and decency?

In a word, no. I'm not religious, I don't follow any particular ideology in that respect. I have a moral compass and hopefully know the difference between what's right and wrong and make decisions based on that, rather than what a book a tells me.

What Christian values are you referring to in any event? Those in the Old Testament, or those in the New Testament?

Advert

Have you considered the fact that there are far more white people in the USA than there are African-Americans? If you look at the statistics you would realise that murders committed by blacks, especially black on black, are way higher than in other ethnic groups.

So Trump has it wrong? You'd rather kick out all the "blacks"?

Have you considered the fact that there are far more white people in the USA than there are African-Americans? If you look at the statistics you would realise that murders committed by blacks, especially black on black, are way higher than in other ethnic groups.

That was not the point I was making, Tone. Mr Trump wants to ban Muslims, I was simply pointing out that more murders are committed by white people in the USA than by Muslims - I never mentioned murders by African-Americans because they are not the issue for Mr Trump - unless, of course, his next step is to send all black Americans back to Africa. And I say again, if he genuinely wants to keep his countrymen safe, change the gun laws. A couple of weeks ago a madman ran into a London tube station and attacked a random civilian shouting "this is for Syria". He used a knife. Nobody died. In San Bernadino two mad folk carried out an attack for the same reason - they used some of the freely available guns in your country. Fourteen people died. Why don't your politicians address this issue which is surely the key to the violence in your society?

In a word, no. I'm not religious, I don't follow any particular ideology in that respect. I have a moral compass and hopefully know the difference between what's right and wrong and make decisions based on that, rather than what a book a tells me.

What Christian values are you referring to in any event? Those in the Old Testament, or those in the New Testament?

You say you don't need religion to know right from wrong.....maybe that's not the point of what I am trying to say. Just because you do what is right for you as an individual based on common Law it doesn't mean you uphold Christian values, such as helping people, and treating people with the right sense of humanity.

The country and indeed the world, in general is a ruthless selfish place and many people who say they are not a follower of religion and are atheist basically are selfish people at heart.

Thou shall not steal thou shall not kill....they are solid Christian values. That is why we do not have a Christian state beheading people and throwing people off buildings for being gay. We are better than that because we value individuals rights to be free and express their true selves as long as it is within Chritianity

Thou shall not steal thou shall not kill....they are solid Christian values.

Actually they are Jewish values laid down in the Ten Commandments which the Christians borrowed.

We are better than that because we value individuals rights to be free and express their true selves as long as it is within Chritianity

I am not a Christian in the sense you mean. I do not attend church and I do not believe in the supernatural tales surrounding Christian beliefs. That does not mean, however, that I do not think that there is a right and a wrong way to live. I believe we should help our fellow human beings where we can. And you may be surprised to learn that one of the five pillars of Islam is charity - giving to ease the hardship of others. Christians do not have a monopoly on right behaviour. Treating others correctly is a key component of many world religions.

I didn't have to trawl through anything, these are widely reported incidents. And the fact they don't mention Muslims is the point. The person I quoted supported Trump and his stance on Muslims with reference to two incidents. I responded with two other incidents of mass killings or religious extremism by Christians. You've very kindly proved the point I was making; thank you.

Your still missing the points cheeky it's one family and a mentally ill ***** it's not a cult like Islam is with millions of followers the scary part is they are like ants thousands of them in their own colony's

It would depend on where you start looking for the beginning of British society... and christian values... it may determine what they really are as opposed to what we think they are/should be

Just for once gio could you stop with the patronising and answer a question yes or no

I have never encountered a Muslim trying to force their beliefs on me. I've had numerous dodgy Christian sects knocking on my door trying to do exactly that though.

Oh so I must have dreamed when they set up stalls all over Stoke on Trent handing leaflets out and the riots in cobridge a few years ago

Oh so I must have dreamed when they set up stalls all over Stoke on Trent handing leaflets out and the riots in cobridge a few years ago

jacko wouldn't know about them, we were accosted by those er personages whilst trying to do the weekly shop and the fuzz let them get on with it anyone who argued with them was er moved on.

Archived