onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Green Fence.....

ollyandpatch

Advert

It's no longer the way of the world though, fans across the land mingle in pubs before and after games. We're not talking a high profile derby game here we're talking a run of the mill League Two clash between two clubs with no real history......
Fans in colours from both clubs were mingling in a pub in Burslem and munching beefburgers on Saturday, perfectly civilized.

Fans in colours from both clubs were mingling in a pub in Burslem and munching beefburgers on Saturday, perfectly civilized.

You're quite right fosse, they were, but only in the Bulls, and not the stone island casual wearing knuckle draggers that were knocking the crap out of each other on Normid car park and outside the vine.

We as a club have a problem and don't seem to have learned or done a thing to address it in the four years since Wolves, but then why should we because it was the polices fault again, they made us fight and hurt women didn't they !

Does it not suggest, though, that the issue was not with the home fans but with the away following?

The reason there is rarely trouble with away fans by the ground at Stoke is the manner in which the away end is policed there. There are huge numbers of police and fans have to walk through a channel completely closed off from every other part of the ground to get to the turnstiles. At the end of the game all of the away coaches and the buses for the station are inside this restricted zone. If you actually live in Stoke and want to walk home you have to walk miles around the fence in the wrong direction to get back to the railway bridge. At Vale the Police just let everyone out onto Hamil Road with no segregation apart from a fence which serves no useful purpose at all in keeping fans apart on the road.

Both Vale and Stoke have idiots. That is undeniable. The policing at Stoke is, however, far more effective in segregating them from opposition idiots.

:clap:

You're quite right fosse, they were, but only in the Bulls, and not the stone island casual wearing knuckle draggers that were knocking the crap out of each other on Normid car park and outside the vine.

We as a club have a problem and don't seem to have learned or done a thing to address it in the four years since Wolves, but then why should we because it was the polices fault again, they made us fight and hurt women didn't they !

The club could bring out an ID system, but even then there is nothing to stop anyone walking up to the ground as the game finishes if they fancy aggro against visitors, it would reduce attendances as well. The only solution is effective stewarding,policing, controlled dispersal, and education to all concerned of the cost to the club of their behaviour.

With regard to the match "only" being League One yesterday, it's interesting to note that the highest security level of any game in England yesterday (higher even than imposed for Millwall v West Ham) was actually the Conference game between Chester and Wrexham. It was designation a bubble match - only official club travel allowed, bussed in and out, had to travel from Wrexham etc. The bloke sitting in front of me at Vale yesterday was a lifelong Wrexham fan who simply refused to accept this ludicrous state of affairs and came to Vale instead. This has gone on for ages for matches between these two teams despite the efforts of the two clubs. Perhaps the Stokies on here could tell us what they are doing wrong?

Away fans can come out at the end and walk in any direction they want unless there's something specific to Newcastle?

You can only walk in any direction you want after you have cleared the compound. To do that you have to walk in the opposite direction to get to the railway bridge. You can't turn right out of the exits and down to the bridge.

A radical thought - if you look at the Sentinel photos how many women can you see? The only one I picked out was a lass trying to pull a bloke away. Perhaps all fans should be accompanied by their mums/wives/girlfriends? It would cut the trouble at a stroke!

And this is where them idiots who complained about Human rights and forced the courts to prevent supporters being held back what stringing up. Someone could of been seriously hurt by the flying brick. Infact 1 poor women was flat out by the shop.

According to the Millwall fan on our post match thread Andy,they still keep the away fans in for 15 mins after games,so is it down to each individual club to make the decision?

We've got our fair share of bell ends, there can be no hiding from that. If there's any evidence on the cctv, then ban them and seek police charges....

But, the policing at Vale Park leaves you looking on in disbelief...

A caged fence on exit of the ground that now invites the baiters. A fence which after about 30mtrs ends and there's your flashpoint - Hamil road

Heavy handed policing on the innocent supporters that just causes a reaction in protest which then looks to those seeking violence that they've got a party to go to.

Letting all fans out at the same time when it's obvious looking at the away end on what's likely to happen outside.

Looking at previous posts my comments will probably be discarded, but as someone who goes to around 8/10 Vale home games each season and wish the club absolutely no malice here goes......(tin hat on)

It has to he said that there aren't many grounds left in Football League these days where there's an atmosphere around the ground and surrounding areas where you feel it might kick off, but Vale Park is definitely one of them. Now there's issues surrounding the Police, away fans who come looking for trouble etc. but the club MUST get it's house in order when it comes to dealing with the absolute minority of complete idiots who follow Vale. Steel fences, lines of coppers and stewards, home only pubs all over town belong to a different era and if I were an away fan with a couple of small kids (which I am when following Stoke away from home) I would have to think twice about bringing them to the game.

Stoke brought the draconian ID card scheme in when out reputation was at an all time low, I refused to buy one out of principal and spent the next few seasons sitting with the home fans. But with the benefit of hindsight it weeded out a large element of the idiots following out club and The Brit is now a place where home and away fans mingle without any bother in the main and I would have never have predicted that 15 years ago. Do Vale need to go down that route? I'm not so sure, but all law abiding fans have nothing to fear about it being implemented.

This isn't about a Stoke fan lecturing Vale fans it really isn't, I still witness our idiot fans from time to time (the friendly in Germany as stated above where a dozen or so fans were bringing shame on both the club and the city with their actions). On the flip side to that I went to all the Europa League away games including hotspots such as Istanbul, Kiev and Split and the fans were an absolute credit. It's not about any other club, it's about Vale not being saddled with an unhealthy and unsustainable police bill that will cripple the club and it's ability to progress. So in that respect it's not just "a few idiots" and it needs sorting urgently.......

There was a load of trouble at Villa.

Looking at previous posts my comments will probably be discarded, but as someone who goes to around 8/10 Vale home games each season and wish the club absolutely no malice here goes......(tin hat on)

It has to he said that there aren't many grounds left in Football League these days where there's an atmosphere around the ground and surrounding areas where you feel it might kick off, but Vale Park is definitely one of them. Now there's issues surrounding the Police, away fans who come looking for trouble etc. but the club MUST get it's house in order when it comes to dealing with the absolute minority of complete idiots who follow Vale. Steel fences, lines of coppers and stewards, home only pubs all over town belong to a different era and if I were an away fan with a couple of small kids (which I am when following Stoke away from home) I would have to think twice about bringing them to the game.

Stoke brought the draconian ID card scheme in when out reputation was at an all time low, I refused to buy one out of principal and spent the next few seasons sitting with the home fans. But with the benefit of hindsight it weeded out a large element of the idiots following out club and The Brit is now a place where home and away fans mingle without any bother in the main and I would have never have predicted that 15 years ago. Do Vale need to go down that route? I'm not so sure, but all law abiding fans have nothing to fear about it being implemented.

This isn't about a Stoke fan lecturing Vale fans it really isn't, I still witness our idiot fans from time to time (the friendly in Germany as stated above where a dozen or so fans were bringing shame on both the club and the city with their actions). On the flip side to that I went to all the Europa League away games including hotspots such as Istanbul, Kiev and Split and the fans were an absolute credit. It's not about any other club, it's about Vale not being saddled with an unhealthy and unsustainable police bill that will cripple the club and it's ability to progress. So in that respect it's not just "a few idiots" and it needs sorting urgently.......

i think it maybe the fact the Brit is nowhere near any housing or pubs, it is in the middle of nowhere so fans can go their separate ways very easily and most away will stop off for a drink away from the ground.

Archived