onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(OVF) Smurthwaite “can’t keep throwing money” at Port Vale

Guest OVF Feature

More fool you and more fool them. You are talking out of your crinkly hoop again. If you had a season ticket, you would have seen us beat Wigan and Doncaster, scoring 6 goals in the process and a really exciting draw with Gillingham, all the while playing some of the best football seen at Vale Park in years. The Doncaster performance was an absolute joy to behold. If you'd have taken in the cup games, you'd also have seen us beat a club who were in the Premiership 6 months ago and progress to the next round of the JPT. Yes, you'd also have seen the disappointing defeat to Millwall (which I'm sure you will dwell upon) but I think you'll struggle to find any season ticket holder who is anything other than thrilled with what they've seen at Vale Park this season.

Totally wrong . I Have attended the Cropredy festival for 28 years running and would have missed one of those games, ST or not. Another clashed with a booked holiday. I was also invited to another festival as an Artistes guest for free, a festival I have usually missed. I do not attend League Cup or JPT as I have no time for either competition, neither do a lot of clubs!!

And I wouldn't struggle to find an unsatisfied ST holder, believe me, even though a lot of those I know have not renewed.

Advert

One thing I would like to ask Norman is how many top drawer players the wages for Birchall, Yates and Lloyd would have funded. I suspect the answer is less than one...

l guess the best way to respond is how do you think we would be doing now if budget was not increased

I feel it is wrong to single individual players out but the striker l feel we need will only be purchased when players are released to free up that wage so until then what we have is what you see

Totally wrong . I Have attended the Cropredy festival for 28 years running and would have missed one of those games, ST or not. Another clashed with a booked holiday. I was also invited to another festival as an Artistes guest for free, a festival I have usually missed. I do not attend League Cup or JPT as I have no time for either competition, neither do a lot of clubs!!

And I wouldn't struggle to find an unsatisfied ST holder, believe me, even though a lot of those I know have not renewed.

If you want to go and see Ralph McTell and a bunch of non-original members sing Meet on The Ledge, that's up to you. (DO people still bleat on their way back to their tents?)

It's irrelevant to your argument though.

You state:

The manager is keeping fans away . A number of my friends are of the same opinion, some have been supporters for over 50 years. It is nothing to do with money. I feel so strongly that I have decided to take a whole season off and it hurts me.

and I stated that, at home, Vale have largely been utterly fantastic this season. If you have been to festivals or whatever, it's nothing to do with your main point that the manager and his football are keeping people away from Vale Park. By rights, Rob Page and the football he has got his squad playing should be increasing gates and attracting fans to the club. At home, people are generally thrilled with how we're doing.

l guess the best way to respond is how do you think we would be doing now if budget was not increased

I feel it is wrong to single individual players out but the striker l feel we need will only be purchased when players are released to free up that wage so until then what we have is what you see

Thanks. I hope you keep faith with Rob Page.

Getting tired of Normans outpourings about how much he is putting in, it is a bit like buying a car and moaning that you have to keep putting fuel in it. Didn't he do any research into football club finances before he agreed to buy in? Oh no, he thought he was buying a pot bank when Paul Wildes suggested buying a business in Stoke. "Buy in haste, repent at leisure" as the saying goes.

If you want to go and see Ralph McTell and a bunch of non-original members sing Meet on The Ledge, that's up to you. (DO people still bleat on their way back to their tents?)

There are 3 days of music, I suggest you check the line ups.A number of original members still play, not bad for nearly 50 years and Thompson is still by far the greatest living guitarist. Said hello to Ralph but he has not played for a number of years. Not many tents in the 25000 there and I couldn't hear from my 21 foot motorcaravan anyway:razz:

So in Essence your agreeing that page has ****ed everyone over with that god awful retained list.

Getting tired of Normans outpourings about how much he is putting in, it is a bit like buying a car and moaning that you have to keep putting fuel in it. Didn't he do any research into football club finances before he agreed to buy in? Oh no, he thought he was buying a pot bank when Paul Wildes suggested buying a business in Stoke. "Buy in haste, repent at leisure" as the saying goes.

I'm sure you preferred it when that other scum lot consistently said there was no money then. I love your constant disagreement with a chairman who's actually invested in the club but you still love that lot who nearly destroyed the club!?!?!

They may have said that there was no money but Stan kept paying the bills. I think you are mistaking the meaning of the word "investment". He is putting money in but not really getting a return. I am tired of someone playing at being a football club owner with the club I support, blaming the fans for not coming to matches but then making it as difficult as possible to do so.

Then surely you must take some responsibility for employing this ***** so he could waste the clubs money on sub standard footballers. His record over the last 19 is one of the worst in the country, yet other managers are losing their jobs. Surely you are as feed up as we are at the lack of wins and the failure to score mainly away from home.

I look forward to your response.

After the performance on Saturday at Bury he should not worry about putting less money into the club we will be playing in league 2 next season , he let Popey go (being stubborn) & never got anybody to replace him, you reap what you sow.:angry:

Have faith, Rob Page will sort it.

Archived