onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(OVF) Smurthwaite “can’t keep throwing money” at Port Vale

Guest OVF Feature

That is really below the belt

I had the chance to sign Hasselbaink last Season but felt the challenges of PVFC would overwhelm him

He is doing a fab job with a Club smaller than ours but a Chairman who l have known for 30 years who has achieved a lot more than l ever will

And we end up with super rob page. I honestly don't think we will win a game away from home this year with page in charge.

Advert

Hasselbaink took over a decent side when Gary Rowett left, and steered them to promotion - fair enough.

Yes, Burton are top now...but so too Walsall and Gillingham have been. It means NOTHING at this stage!

If Burton go up, I will say he has done an amazing job. Until then, the jury's out.

However, for every success like this there are many, many flops when ex-players become managers.

That is really below the belt

I had the chance to sign Hasselbaink last Season but felt the challenges of PVFC would overwhelm him

He is doing a fab job with a Club smaller than ours but a Chairman who l have known for 30 years who has achieved a lot more than l ever will

No it isn't . Are we not entitled to an opinion.The manager is keeping fans away . A number of my friends are of the same opinion, some have been supporters for over 50 years. It is nothing to do with money. I feel so strongly that I have decided to take a whole season off and it hurts me.

No it isn't . Are we not entitled to an opinion.The manager is keeping fans away . A number of my friends are of the same opinion, some have been supporters for over 50 years. It is nothing to do with money. I feel so strongly that I have decided to take a whole season off and it hurts me.

Well you are and in turn so am l

To stay away because of my choice of Manager seems a bizarre overreaction but then l do not know you

One thing history has so often demonstration is that solidarity always overcomes

I hope for your well being and the future of our Club you and anyone else who has taken the same stand looks to return to the flock

Fill me in on this one, as it's not making much sense to me.

You and the others are staying away because of the manager? Is that just since we won at Coventry last year? So would you still be going if we had not had that bad run straight after?

If you really feel Rob Page is the worst manager in 50 years, I take it you never heard of Jim Gannon or Dean Glover's spells. Or Bobby Smith, or Graham Hawkins?

You're entitled to your opinion.....but if you don't go to the games, I can't see how you are a supporter in the sense of supporting the club financially or in any way.

A follower via the TV and internet maybe..but not a supporter. Not any more.

Well you are and in turn so am l

To stay away because of my choice of Manager seems a bizarre overreaction but then l do not know you

One thing history has so often demonstration is that solidarity always overcomes

I hope for your well being and the future of our Club you and anyone else who has taken the same stand looks to return to the flock

I had a season ticket last year and can honestly say that I didn't enjoy more than 2 or 3 games (although I did miss about 6 games, some were by choice later in the season).

My well being is fine having had a long holiday and also taken in 2 music festivals since the season began. In previous years I would have worked such things around the fixture list, often missing things I would have liked to have seen.

More fool you and more fool them. You are talking out of your crinkly hoop again. If you had a season ticket, you would have seen us beat Wigan and Doncaster, scoring 6 goals in the process and a really exciting draw with Gillingham, all the while playing some of the best football seen at Vale Park in years. The Doncaster performance was an absolute joy to behold. If you'd have taken in the cup games, you'd also have seen us beat a club who were in the Premiership 6 months ago and progress to the next round of the JPT. Yes, you'd also have seen the disappointing defeat to Millwall (which I'm sure you will dwell upon) but I think you'll struggle to find any season ticket holder who is anything other than thrilled with what they've seen at Vale Park this season.

You're entitled to your opinion.....but if you don't go to the games, I can't see how you are a supporter in the sense of supporting the club financially or in any way.

A follower via the TV and internet maybe..but not a supporter. Not any more.

Exactly, that is my choice . But the sad fact is that I am not missing it because last season was so poor. I have never enjoyed so few games whoever was manager, we have had far worse teams but never one that has played so far beneath their potential.

Archived