onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Away supporters

Spunk Trumpet

With the away coaches being parked on the old Co-op car park, is it possible from next season to ship the away supporters in the Bycars?

What a massive difference this would make for the football club and the supporters.

Give them the Bycars which is a awful stand with awful facilities and get home supporters in the Hamil and get some real behind the goal atmosphere going.

Why do we continue to house away supporters in what is arguably the best stand in the ground?

I know it had something to do with the police concerns regarding them walking around to the coaches afterwards but if the coaches are now parked up on the old Co-op surely its more logical to give away fans the Bycars.

Any thoughts?

Advert

With the away coaches being parked on the old Co-op car park, is it possible from next season to ship the away supporters in the Bycars?

What a massive difference this would make for the football club and the supporters.

Give them the Bycars which is a awful stand with awful facilities and get home supporters in the Hamil and get some real behind the goal atmosphere going.

Why do we continue to house away supporters in what is arguably the best stand in the ground?

I know it had something to do with the police concerns regarding them walking around to the coaches afterwards but if the coaches are now parked up on the old Co-op surely its more logical to give away fans the Bycars.

Any thoughts?

:clap::clap::clap:

Aren't the coaches going back onto the Hamil car park now the Burslem Wall has been constructed?

No idea. But that wall would not be needed if we can park away fans on Co-op car park and ge them in the bycars. Probably less hassle for police as well. And it needs to be done at some point.

Norman wants incentives for fans to come to games. I was a bycars regular in the 90s and it was rocking, however it hasnt evolved with the years and as a home stand is pretty awful. Especially for one to generate noise behind the goal.

The Hamil End would give the ground a fresh atmosphere should it be given to home supporters.

No idea. But that wall would not be needed if we can park away fans on Co-op car park and ge them in the bycars. Probably less hassle for police as well. And it needs to be done at some point.

Norman wants incentives for fans to come to games. I was a bycars regular in the 90s and it was rocking, however it hasnt evolved with the years and as a home stand is pretty awful. Especially for one to generate noise behind the goal.

The Hamil End would give the ground a fresh atmosphere should it be given to home supporters.

Spot on.

I'm happy in the Bycars End as I have been for the past 47 years. I don't want to 'move with the times'. I have my season ticket and I sit where I used to stand surrounded by the people who have stood and sat there with me for the baulk of that period. If you want to move go ahead that is your prerogative but it ain't for me.

Any thoughts?

I do hope the irony of you suggesting it's Groundhog day on the "Glad all Over" thread, then starting this one isn't lost on you old boy!?!

I'm happy in the Bycars End as I have been for the past 47 years. I don't want to 'move with the times'. I have my season ticket and I sit where I used to stand surrounded by the people who have stood and sat there with me for the baulk of that period. If you want to move go ahead that is your prerogative but it ain't for me.

I think that's how the majority of season ticket holders feel. Football fans as a rule are creatures of habit and it's not like people are forced into the Bycars! I think switching the ends would be unnecessary boat rocking, plus a large number of home fans wouldn't be able to see the scoreboard if it did happen.

Over all the years i have been going the vale i have been in every part of vale park started at hamil end moved to railway and lorne street both sides and then moved on bycars with the tea bar. Even stood on the bycars when they took the roof off the stand but by far my better days were at the hamil how many clubs in the league have the home fans in the worst stand on the ground.I know im wishing for the impossible but i yearn to go back where i started to support my club its got to be the hamil for me.

Better facility's and atmosphere in Hamil.Away fans in Bycars and park coaches far end of Normid car park = less chance of trouble after the match which would be cheaper police costs

Facilities are not an advantage of having Vale fans in the Hamil End, that doesn't make sense.

There is no access at the far end of the Normid car park, in fact there is a compound containing the office unit and a car park meaning the away fans would be sent through the home fans.

Basically, your argument has no legs

Archived