onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Marketing idea for PVFC

smithie

Advert

Meanwhile, my original contribution was suggesting an idea for amassing a new database.

Lets be honest... would you trust vale to keep the data safe?... didnt they give away/scrap the family silver?

Its one thing collecting the data from customers its something totally different knowing what to do with it when you have it

Absolutely farcical. Laughable.

You'd still get a relatively low success rate even with the incentive. The ones most likely to respond are the ones that will be buying/have bought a ST or tickets anyway and you'd hope the club are now storing the data somewhere other than on a fag packet.

I'd hope we have a CRM database of some sort in place now. For a start, anyone that buys a ticket over the course of the season should get a letter in May with a season ticket form and/or an e-mail with an option to buy online.

Farcical and laughable...maybe, but 100% outside NS' control.

How do I know this? Because I relayed my disappointment with ticket office communications to the club, and Mr Smurf himself called me to apologise. He explained that the data held on previous ST holders was taken by the company who ran the scheme previously (don't quote me on the exact details, but it was along those lines). If this was another of Paul Wildes' extravagant engagements of unnecessary services, then it seems NS has had to deal with the fall-out.

I'm not so sure that we would have such a small response to free tickets, because sending an e-mail is a very short outlay of time for a very decent return.

I believe Raj Atwal is getting to grips with all the mess behind the scenes, and it may be a case of being patient while he sorts it out.

I think you've got give fair dues to any chairman who rings the fans direct!!

I just don't understand not getting a season ticket for the simple fact that you haven't got a reply to an email.

That's because you don't know what the question in my e-mails / messages was and you are therefore making assumptions. I can make my own decision about whether to buy a season ticket or not but I do think that paying customers should be ignored which seems to be the norm reading through this thread.

That's because you don't know what the question in my e-mails / messages was and you are therefore making assumptions. I can make my own decision about whether to buy a season ticket or not but I do think that paying customers should be ignored which seems to be the norm reading through this thread.

shouldn't?

Im not sure they are ignored, you have to know you have a communication to ignore it, a lot dont get a response but that may be because they are filtered out automatically or never passed on to the appropriate person, at least I hope that is the case.

I would say the customers arent valued, or at least their opinions/ideas arent but thats speaking from the customers point of view.

There may be hundreds of emails sent to vale on a daily basis [i wouldnt know] and to respond to them all individually would take up far to much time. A simple auto response could suffice... "Thank you for your communication, you will appreciate that Port Vale FC have a considerable number of emails/letters every day, it may not be possible to reply to your email personally but it will be passed to the appropriate person for consideration/action as soon as practicable".... or similar... its instant, free and doesnt eat into valuable time

I've just emailed Peter Coates asking him about whether his club will be running any ticket deals this season. If he doesn't reply in person, I won't be attending any of their games this season.

I've just emailed Peter Coates asking him about whether his club will be running any ticket deals this season. If he doesn't reply in person, I won't be attending any of their games this season.

But you weren't promised a response, I was personally promised a response by Norman back in January. You also have not my other posts as I have not said that I will not be attending games, quite the opposite. I will probably go to at least 20 home games and several away, just won't have a season ticket.

But you weren't promised a response, I was personally promised a response by Norman back in January. You also have not my other posts as I have not said that I will not be attending games, quite the opposite. I will probably go to at least 20 home games and several away, just won't have a season ticket.

Smurf has done you like a kipper old boy.

You'll be paying 450+ in total on the gate next season thanks to Smurf not replying to your email. He ain't daft is he...

Phil

I have gone back to my initial response and l am happy l dealt with all your questions as raised

No where in my communication was any promises issued

What you choose to do will be appreciated by the Club

Thanks

Archived