onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob page

tommytunstall

You really are the most patronising self obsessed person ever there's another saying I've grown up with its if you've got nothing good to say don't say anything

I grew up with the sayings "if you have nowt to say, say nowt"... if you have something to say, spit it out"... "If it looks like cack and smells like cack dont eat it just because someone tells you its caviar"

Advert

You really are the most patronising self obsessed person ever there's another saying I've grown up with its if you've got nothing good to say don't say anything

Im not patronising you, Im disagreeing with you and stating the reasons why I disagree without personalising it

We can all dream that what you suggest is true but I'm afraid Page's hands are currently tied because until he gets answers from the reduced wage brigade he can't look for suitable replacements be cause the replacements might not have anyone to replace (if you get my drift) if the current squad grumble but accept their offer.

I don't think that there is a plan other than get the begging bowl out to sign loan players. The problem here though is with so many new managers being brought in they are unlikely to send out players until they have had time to assess them and their squad.

I'm afraid that we are in a mess and fear that the guys who make the decisions aren't experience enough to make the right ones!

What utter nonsense!!!!!!! Expected really from Mr Doom & Gloom

Page's hands are tied around his back? Really? He can replace Robertson and Pope for a start without waiting for answers from the rest of the players.

Begging bowl? Really again? Our budget has openly been set at 1.7m. Quite competitive at this level.

You keep telling yourself we're in a mess if it makes you feel better. Mess my ****.

We can all dream that what you suggest is true but I'm afraid Page's hands are currently tied because until he gets answers from the reduced wage brigade he can't look for suitable replacements be cause the replacements might not have anyone to replace (if you get my drift) if the current squad grumble but accept their offer.

Well he has no one to blame for that predicament other than himself.

Page's hands are tied around his back? Really? He can replace Robertson and Pope for a start without waiting for answers from the rest of the players.

Begging bowl? Really again? Our budget has openly been set at 1.7m. Quite competitive at this level.

You keep telling yourself we're in a mess if it makes you feel better. Mess my ****.

It must be your birthday as I find myself agreeing with you! Nurse!!

Agree. It's constant negativity aimed at the chairman again just because we lost pope.

I don't think that there is a plan other than get the begging bowl out to sign loan players. The problem here though is with so many new managers being brought in they are unlikely to send out players until they have had time to assess them and their squad.

I'm afraid that we are in a mess and fear that the guys who make the decisions aren't experience enough to make the right ones!

That's it, keep making things up...

I have no idea what others believe, I have no interest in sport and know very little about football management/players, but then I never said otherwise.... you are offering your opinion... that isnt fact.

Here are a few facts....

Page was given a new contract on the premiss that it wasnt his team... [smurf]

There was going to be a clear out... [smurf]

Page offered every player a new contract [except one]... thats every player who wasnt his team.

Smurf isnt cutting the budget but is cutting the wage bill for last years players [smurf]

The players who cant get another offer from a different team will sign.. [on the premiss I would if it meant getting paid]

Whose boss are we talking about?

People do support the team... they buy season tickets and merchandise... turn up to watch... supporting the team doesnt mean agreeing with everything that is said and done.

I dont hide.

Whoever the manager is, whoever the owner is, whoever pulls on the shirt I support Vale... whether I like their team selections, their style/tactics, business sense, ability with a ball or anything else... I may disagree with all of it, and I reserve my right to comment accordingly, but I still support the Vale.

I didnt like or agree with what/how V2001 did things, I didnt like/agree with what followed [wheres the beef] but I still supported Vale.

My opinion is...

Page made a huge mistake offering everyone [except 1] a new deal.

Smurf made a mistake honouring his contract after he found out everyone [who played one game too many] was on the retained list.

Given last years performances smurf has it all ass about face if he is waiting for the fan numbers to increase before showing his own interests in improvements.

Letting the better players leave [whomever they may be] and keeping the also rans isnt going to inspire fans to buy and wont help the new signing [if there are any]... If you cut a worm out of an apple you dont throw the apple away and keep the worm in the hope it can find you another apple

Anytime I'm having trouble falling asleep I shall refer back to this post! ;)

Do you think we're in a good pace then ?

We need to bide our time and show a bit of patience.

I tend to be a 'glass half empty' person, especially when talking about the Vale. I'm sorry to see Pope go and I'll be surprised if either Marshall or O'Connor stay. That means we've got a hell of a task rebuilding almost an entire team, with probably only Neal, Moore, Dicko and Dodds in the frame for a first team slot, leaving about 7 places to be filled. That's a huge ask.

But, if Lines also goes (as he probably will) that does leave Page with a bit more money and freedom.

I still feel that the key to it all is in signing 2-3 very good loan players, leaving a bit more in the budget to attract 4-5 quality players.

It is possible but until we see 2-3 good players arriving then the fan base will be despondent and you need to give folk something to enthuse about if you want them to buy tickets. We seem to have shot ourselves in the foot with season tickets to date, as we had that dreadful run at the end of the season and now Pope has gone. We desperately need a boost to rekindle interest.

When he got the contact I was gutted and annoyed. When I saw the retained list I had similar feelings. However I'm a vale fan through and through and page is our manager and is being given the chance to build his own squad this time round. I certainly wouldn't have chose him infact I was very vocal on here against him, but I will back him and the players as every vale fan should do. Forget about last season and let's have a clean slate.

Well said.

Do you think we're in a good pace then ?

I'll tell you in around a months time once Page has assembled his squad.

Are Page's hands tied around his back? No, why would they? He's got the best part of 1.7 million to spend.

Have we got the begging bowl out? No, see above

Are we in a mess? No, far from it.

Administration is a mess. Mr Doom & Gloom would like us to be there. He revels in it.

Vale's main striker has just left, two of our other better players, O'Connor and Marshall, reputedly are interesting other clubs and may go, Vale need two quality strikers capable of 20+ goals who won't come cheap, the budget for players is tight, we need two decent central defenders, there's a little discontent in the contracts that have been offered and the supporters are voicing concern so I'd say he's in a difficult spot right now. He needs to make some good, shrewd signings. All the other 91 managers are not in this predicament.

Which part of any of that is the managers fault ?

We have an owner who is trying to run the club properly and not spend or commit to monies that we don't have.

To me that is how a club should be run .

I am happy for us to bring in the right players at the right time and when available, it is still 8 weeks to the first game and there are plenty of players out there that are available.

Lets keep a sense of realism, Walsall and Crewe lose their best players each and every season and then bring in new ones.

I'd be surprised if their message boards were full of supporters calling for Dean Smith or Steve Davis to be dismissed.

Both of those managers are in their first managerial role, so is Page, so lets afford him a bit of time as well !

Archived