onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players Discipline

Advert

Forget all that, I just thought it was a crying shame we couldn't sign off with a decent performance on Sunday.....then no-one would have cared what the players did in the evening.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was fed up at getting up and out early for that no-show.

Forget all that, I just thought it was a crying shame we couldn't sign off with a decent performance on Sunday.....then no-one would have cared what the players did in the evening.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was fed up at getting up and out early for that no-show.

I think footballers would be forgiven most things so long as they were winning and putting in 100% week in / week out.

I actually saw Roy Vernon run onto the pitch at Stoke with a fag in his mouth.:D

Time was when half time refreshment for players consisted of half an orange, a fag or both.

It ain't like that now and maybe someone should have a word with Popey.

Fans from the stand so to speak as opposed to corporate/sponsors.... I dont blame anyone at the club for raising as much as they can from an event.... perhaps they could do a similar event at the start of the year to meet the team at a reduced cost?... nothing negative in that is there?

rep that was a fair comment as I would have liked to go but not at £60 a throw,pension just doesn't stretch that far.

Just seen a photo on the Port Vale Facebook page, taken from last Sunday nights awards presentation. Seriously Duffy looks in a right mess and totally ****** out of his head. Now OK I'm all for players having a night out and being able to enjoy themselves, but surely on a night where fans have paid hard earned money to be able to regonise Player achievents, then they could hopefully be a little more Professional in how they act.

These guys earn good money and most people would give their right arm to be in their shoes. Not only that, but surely Smurf has a right to expect his employees to behave in a diginifide and Professional manner when representing the Club. Contrast the picture of Duffy to O'Connor who looks the perfect gentleman.

One of the comments on the picture highlights how Duffy likes to be hammered, well considering his form this Season and the fact fans pay good money, I hope Rob Page keeps a tight ship and doesn't allow situations like this to affect players performances.

Yes enjoy a decent night out, but there is a time and a place. Or perhaps I'm just overreacting.

You obviously didn't go on the Holland Pre season tour in Rudgies time then ! They were more blathered and it was before the season Started not finished.

Agreed' date=' for me players shouldn't be drinking to excess during the season and certainly never smoking but they have a month off to relax now.[/quote']

I think you will find that true professionals dont switch off,if they do they do it privately out of the public gaze and certainly not at an organised club function

I can't see a problem with having a few pints at the end of the season when they've got 5-6 weeks off.

All work and no play and all that....

Chill out. We all do it. Why shouldn't they?

A lot of players in the past had a few drinks between games. Bobby Moore for one. It didn't stop him from playing well.

Archived