onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale V Fleetwood post match

geosname

Surely even sage does not think pope had a good game today the mind boggles like i have said before he would not get in the top 20 strikers that i have seen following the vale.
Fortunately Hamil I wasn't there as my missus had booked a trip to North Wales on Sunday & Monday not realising that Vale were playing on Sunday. When we were safe I thought I would have a day off and so did most of the team it would appear. I did notice on the League show that Pope hit the woodwork though. I would ask thoughhow many decent crosses did he get?

Advert

Anyone who watched that performance this afternoon and doesn't think we will be headed for relegation next season is truly deluded. None of the so-called management and coaching team should be anywhere near our great club and, of the players, only Neal, O'Connor, Marshall and Pope should stay. The rest can push off - and the quicker the better.

Like a few others who went today, I had a long journey (about 7 hours round trip) only to be greeted by one of the most inept management and playing performances I've seen for a long time. To be honest, I don't know how we have so many loyal supporters who turn up week after week to be rewarded by such dross.

Page, Glover, Grew and the players today (with a few honourable exceptions) should be ashamed of themselves. It was an utterly disgraceful performance by a bunch of amateurs who couldn't be bothered to put in a decent performance for the fair number who turned up to see their team off at the end of the season.

If you are reading this, Norman, you need a complete root and branch clear out or your substantial investment in the club, which most fans genuinely appreciate, will simply go down the drain. You need to act now.

I agree 100% and I and a few others have believed this to be the case for a while but got slaughtered for saying as much. Smurthwaite needs to put in some of his money that he is always telling us about or relegation is a 'nailed on ' certainty

I agree 100% and I and a few others have believed this to be the case for a while but got slaughtered for saying as much. Smurthwaite needs to put in some of his money that he is always telling us about or relegation is a 'nailed on ' certainty

He's put in loads already (more than anyone in the history of the club) and seen the current manager and the vast majority of the exceptionally well paid players massively under perform.

For me we need to cut our cloth accordingly and go for a more hungry and sustainable squad.

Back to the game. Did anyone see Page instructing the wingers to sit narrower? At one point it looked like they were both playing centre midfield. The man is absolutely clueless! Why would you possibly instruct the wingers to sit in the middle of the pitch? Its the most basic tactic in football to have wingers out WIDE to stretch the opposition and create space!

He's put in loads already (more than anyone in the history of the club) and seen the current manager and the vast majority of the exceptionally well paid players massively under perform.

For me we need to cut our cloth accordingly and go for a more hungry and sustainable squad.

I agree with this.

I usually agree with most of what OS says but I feel it's very harsh to pin blame on the chairmen when he has already done a fair amount for the football club. And with his plans to give Page a 'clean slate' is there any more that he can do? It's certainly more than most chairmen would do.

Back to the game. Did anyone see Page instructing the wingers to sit narrower? At one point it looked like they were both playing centre midfield. The man is absolutely clueless! Why would you possibly instruct the wingers to sit in the middle of the pitch? Its the most basic tactic in football to have wingers out WIDE to stretch the opposition and create space!

I must admit the wingers at vale have annoyed me since Adams came in.

With Adams, the wingers seemed to be instructed to come short as opposed to sit in line with the defence ready to make a run in behind. And when they come in field under Page is even more frustrating. We have such a big pitch and yet opposition teams know how to use it better than we do.

If we played wingers who sat further up the pitch we could afford to play one up top because the wingers make it a forward 3 not a midfield 5. And if the full backs focused on defending as opposed to attacking (which dicko clearly can't do, hence why he gets so exposed) we could play 3 high energy midfielders who can support the attack and defence in both situations.

Archived