onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale V Fleetwood post match

geosname

Advert

Good grief, if that was an advert for season ticket sales then we'll be lucky to hit four figures.

Whilst we started brightly, it was all very predictable, slow and to be honest completely 'hit and hope'. Fleetwood were nothing special, in fact very average, but at times in the first half we made them look like Real Madrid. The two goals were just shocking, really dreadful defending on our part.

That performance has convinced me Page is not the man for us. Once again a club surviving on half the gates we get have players who are miles better on the ball than us, carried more penetration going forward and had better defensive organisation. Williamson may as well have not been on first half, Campion is not good enough and has a head like a 50p piece, Veseli is not a right back, the midfield just doesn't work, everything is just 'hope for the best' even the crosses that come in rather than being well-worked moves, and what the Hell was the point of bringing Birchall on?

Wouldn't have been better to take a look at Andoh?

Poor, poor, poor.

A very disappointing end to a very disappointing season . I suppose after the start we had avoiding the dreaded drop was all we could hope for. We have to many average players not up to league one standard. We need to reduce the squad and go for a bit of quality, we also need some strong characters in defence , the same mistakes week after week a big over haul required if we are to progress

Awful result and performance. What I find hard to understand what happened to the expected younger players. Old guard yet again with a manager who appears to just want to GO AGAIN. Not good enough and Mr Smurthwaite has some very tough decisions ahead.

A very disappointing end to a very disappointing season . I suppose after the start we had avoiding the dreaded drop was all we could hope for. We have to many average players not up to league one standard. We need to reduce the squad and go for a bit of quality, we also need some strong characters in defence , the same mistakes week after week a big over haul required if we are to progress

I don't get these comments about after the start we had all we could do was avoid relegation. Yes we lost 5 league games on the trot but we have 5 points from 3 games to start the season. When Page came in he virtually had a full season, 35+ games with over 100 points to play for.

In a very average league we've had an even worse run than that and ended up winning 1 in 11 losing 7!

I think it's time for Page to go, he's created a very comfortable boys club with people like Yates, Birchall, Williamson, Dodds and Pope on easy street with some complimenting the manager for a poor season.

If he is to stay the fans and more importantly the chairman need to see a mass clear out of all but 5 players.

I'd be very very suprised if page isn't manager next season. Apparently we had a new strip today, but I couldn't see it. Looked to me like the players had got Hawaiian shorts, vests and flip flops on. End of season amble from us, whereas fleetwood, who had as much at stake in the game as ourselves played with some form of spirit and guille. I'm looking to a retained list with 3 names on it on Tuesday that's how much I rate the current crop.

It was always going to be a non-event today. I didn't really see what happened for our goal because of stewards standing in front of me, but it looked like a heavily deflected shot, meaning we didn't record a single shot on-target in 92 minutes.

Today was a timely reminder that Smurf has some hard work ahead of him, on and off the pitch, just to standstill, let alone progress.

The highlight of today was seeing Popey in white boots! :laugh:

I think they scrambled a Campion effort off the line and we did hit the bar but, I agree, we were poor today.

Had we been able to defend a high ball into our box we would have got something out of the match because they also created little.

Both their goals were poor. We didn't clear a cross and then Veseli was ball watching and not marking his man for the first one, and then the second one was another cross (corner) that again we failed to clear with the first header and their lad poked it past Neal.

We simply have to be able to defend high balls into our box better. It has happened time after time after time. Yeovil scored a similar goal last week, to the two we let in today. I think every team we've played has scored from a high ball into our box - Scunthorpe, Coventry, Rochdale, Crewe, Bristol City, Gillingham, Bradford, Crawley - the list is endless. Good teams build from the back and keep clean sheets. That has to be a priority next year.

Archived