onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hideous x 3

smithie

Hideous error from O'Connor.....what the fxck what was he thinking?

Hideous refereeing....how can someone that fat keep up with play?

Uber-hideous substitution - seriously, what was the gaffer thinking in putting Williamson on?

That decision waved bye-bye to getting anything out of the game. Pope was winning and achieving very little, so we replace him with.....a headless chicken who wins NOTHING in the air.

How was him and Dodds ever going to produce anything? If Williamson had a role at all today, it was from the start when their defence were all over the place. As a target man, frankly I'd back my 9-year old niece to take care of him.

We know from experience that Campion will cause more problems that Williamson ever will, but once again Goldenboy Ben gets the nod!

Just as against Crawley, they were absolutely there for the taking and we end up embarrassing ourselves.

A truly shocking show in the second half, and we really weren't that good in the first. If we were, we would have been out of sight by then.

Advert

Good post, apart from i didnt have a prob with the ref. Stonewall pens, both of them. Lucky to come away only 3- 1.

The second one was a pen, except that the lad was 2 yards offside in the first place. Interestingly, the Orient fans agree that they should have been four down at half time and got out of jail.

Re the ref, no cards for home players again - I just hate how games are always spoilt by these nasty dirty away players. That was the 8th red card from that ref this season - seven of them to nasty dirty away players and the only home player he sent off was in the 86th minute of a match. We had him at home to Yeovil and guess what - he thought it was the Yeovil players who were nasty and dirty that day, Vale lads were as good as gold apparently.

Five red cards this season for Vale - all in away games!

I said Premier League and you go and throw cup games into it...........

Why, don't they count? I also notice that in spite of Stoke's wonderful non red card record (down mainly to Lee Mason being a blind oaf!) they have still acquired more disciplinary points this season than Vale - and in a lot less games!

Must say that the first penalty was a stone cold red card and that the second looked like a yellow card (the Orient player was going wide of goal) but the referee did not give one. I can' t remember any incident which would have warranted a red card for any Orient player, so what is the problem?

I despair at the referring performance today. I qualified as a ref so that I could officiate for the local village team and would dispair if I made the mistakes today. Yes they were two penalties, but it was not a sending off and there were countless cases of inconsistency.

Must say that the first penalty was a stone cold red card and that the second looked like a yellow card (the Orient player was going wide of goal) but the referee did not give one. I can' t remember any incident which would have warranted a red card for any Orient player, so what is the problem?

Why was it a stone cold red card? I have yet to have this explained to me.

Why was it a stone cold red card? I have yet to have this explained to me.

That's be cause it was not a red card. Refs are 'trained' to watch where the ball is at the moment of contact - it should not be simply because you are last man. Unfortunately it is the norm that forwards will try a win a penalty rather than score. By the way, I am sure that Vale players would do the same.

Robe cause it was not a red card. Refs are 'trained' to watch where the ball is at the moment of contact - it should not be simply because you are last man. Unfortunately it is the norm that forwards will try a win a penalty rather than score. By the way, I am sure that Vale players would do the same.

That was my point. Loads of posters on here appear to think that because Neal ws the last man it was a definite red card but am I not right in saying there is no "last man" ruling at all? The player who was fouled - yes it was a pen - had pushed the ball wide and there is every chance he would have had some difficulty getting to it before it went into touch. He did not have control of the ball because he had pushed it too far ahead of himself so how was it a clear goal-scoring opportunity?

And as Santa said previously, if the Bradford keeper had his card rescinded from our game, then why should be not appeal Neal's using that as a precedent??

That was my point. Loads of posters on here appear to think that because Neal ws the last man it was a definite red card but am I not right in saying there is no "last man" ruling at all? The player who was fouled - yes it was a pen - had pushed the ball wide and there is every chance he would have had some difficulty getting to it before it went into touch. He did not have control of the ball because he had pushed it too far ahead of himself so how was it a clear goal-scoring opportunity?

And as Santa said previously, if the Bradford keeper had his card rescinded from our game, then why should be not appeal Neal's using that as a precedent??

Most definitely right about the laws of the game!

The second one was a pen, except that the lad was 2 yards offside in the first place. Interestingly, the Orient fans agree that they should have been four down at half time and got out of jail.

Re the ref, no cards for home players again - I just hate how games are always spoilt by these nasty dirty away players. That was the 8th red card from that ref this season - seven of them to nasty dirty away players and the only home player he sent off was in the 86th minute of a match. We had him at home to Yeovil and guess what - he thought it was the Yeovil players who were nasty and dirty that day, Vale lads were as good as gold apparently.

Five red cards this season for Vale - all in away games!

That's a lot of research effort to prove absolutely no point as away teams generally are always likely to be under more pressure so therefore more likely to concede fouls etc.

Archived