onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

When should a game get replayed?

NZ PVFC

Last night, in the A league Brisbane Roar hosted Wellington Phoenix.

The night before the game the pitched was waterlogged but on the day the pitch seemed ok so the game went ahead. After half time the heavens opened and they had torrential rain again which made the game almost imposible to play. On 73 mins the ref decided it was too dangerous to contiunue so stopped the game. From the look of the players they were happy to play out the game

http://www.a-league.com.au/video/phoenix-down-roar-in-the-wet/1174445

The question being asked is should the game or 2nd half be replayed? If the game is stopped before half time it is replayed but if it is after half time the score stands.

Advert

When Vale v Aldershot was abandoned for fog in the late 1980's it was replayed, even though there were only about 20 minutes or less left to play in the second half and Vale were 3-0 up. Vale won the rescheduled game, also in different filthy weather -mpouring rain. About 12 Aldershot fans were cheered heartily as they were 'rescued' from atop the open Hamil End and shepherded into the covered Railway Stand = ahhh,, memories.

I went to and enjoyed both, and as there was no OVF Forum then, there was no moaning about it or anyone saying they wouldn't attend unless the sun was shining. (this is not a dig at a great website, just an observation on some posters).

Last night, in the A league Brisbane Roar hosted Wellington Phoenix.

The night before the game the pitched was waterlogged but on the day the pitch seemed ok so the game went ahead. After half time the heavens opened and they had torrential rain again which made the game almost imposible to play. On 73 mins the ref decided it was too dangerous to contiunue so stopped the game. From the look of the players they were happy to play out the game

http://www.a-league.com.au/video/phoenix-down-roar-in-the-wet/1174445

The question being asked is should the game or 2nd half be replayed? If the game is stopped before half time it is replayed but if it is after half time the score stands.

The OVF A League Derby ends in controversy!

To be fair if we can finish in the top 6 I'd love you to win it although conditions were truly farcical, walking home back to the CBD my mate thought I'd been swimming in the Brisbane River, not to the Suncorp!!

The OVF A League Derby ends in controversy!

To be fair if we can finish in the top 6 I'd love you to win it although conditions were truly farcical, walking home back to the CBD my mate thought I'd been swimming in the Brisbane River, not to the Suncorp!!

WE??? How long you been there!?:rolleyes:

Fairly certain a Real Madrid La Liga match got called off with less than 10 minutes to play once.

In Spain they don't replay the whole 90 mins, only the time left over, so both times had to come back for a mini-game.

That was the Spanish cup final 1995 . It was Depor vs Valencia and it was abandoned after 79 mins at 1-1 (Heavy Rain). They returned 3/4 days later to play the remaining 10 mins during which time Depor scored and Valencia had a man sent off.

That was the Spanish cup final 1995 . It was Depor vs Valencia and it was abandoned after 79 mins at 1-1 (Heavy Rain). They returned 3/4 days later to play the remaining 10 mins during which time Depor scored and Valencia had a man sent off.

I've found it now, it was Real Madrid vs Real Sociedad in 04/05 - they ended up playing a 6 minute match after a bomb threat meant the original game was called off at 87 minutes.

It was 1-1 at that point, Real scored in the 6 minute game and won 2-1. Bit dubious...

Here's a write up for anyone interested - https://unamadridista.wordpress.com/2013/01/05/the-shortest-game-in-the-world/

Archived