onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Drones

carl

I'm thinking of purchasing one. Has anyone got one to fly as a hobby? Could you fly it a considerable distance etc before it falls to the floor?

I didn't know you could buy them until I saw on Yahoo that they were becoming the number one xmas gift. Apparently these machines can take photos and everything.

Advert

What do you want a drone for? Are you thinking of carrying out air strikes on Pakistan?

I was thinking of the topic from a leisure point of view. However, whilst we are on the subject of what drones may be used for, I really think that companies who make drones will come to regret it once there becomes a licencing scheme in place for people to own them as they are nowadays seen as a privacy and security threat, and will lead to high licensing taxes for the companies, to support the administration that the government will in years have to administer.

No I'm not thinking of using it for terrorist purposes and I have nothing against Pakistan BTW

I'm thinking of purchasing one. Has anyone got one to fly as a hobby? Could you fly it a considerable distance etc before it falls to the floor?

I didn't know you could buy them until I saw on Yahoo that they were becoming the number one xmas gift. Apparently these machines can take photos and everything.

You can't afford to go and watch the Vale, so you're going to buy a drone?

Are you planning to equip it with a Go-Pro and hover over Vale Park on a Saturday afternoons?

You could fit it with a Maglite at the same time, it might be an improvement on a Tuesday nights.

:D

Was this perhaps the kind of thing required /

Ah, the Electric Circus, Manchester 1978.....the Drones were a Manchester group that never made the same impact as the some far less talented punk bands, despite having the magnificently titled Gus Gangrene on guitar and backing vocals. Would have gone down a storm at thr local Conservative club.

I've no doubt they will be banned soon, so I wouldn't buy one if I were you.

There is too much potential for accidents as described by Doha, but what will worry the authorities more is if undesirable groups or people use them for all sorts of criminal or terrorist related purposes.

You only have to use your imagination to see what they could be used for.

Archived