onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paris Unite

Beza

Advert

Why should we have compulsory religious education in schools? Why should we not just teach a moral code and let families indoctrinate their kids if they must? Teaching a basic principle - treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself is all that is required. We should not be dealing with the supernatural stuff at all.

And while on the subject - Christmas should be a festival of love for your fellow man as preached by that bloke Jesus, not a celebration of some crazy and highly unlikely virgin birth.

Head down below the parapet now - fire away.

Why should we have compulsory religious education in schools? Why should we not just teach a moral code and let families indoctrinate their kids if they must? Teaching a basic principle - treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself is all that is required. We should not be dealing with the supernatural stuff at all.

And while on the subject - Christmas should be a festival of love for your fellow man as preached by that bloke Jesus, not a celebration of some crazy and highly unlikely virgin birth.

Christianity teaches moral values..at least it did when I went to School

Absolutely spot on, Jean. Top post!

Christianity teaches moral values..at least it did when I went to School

Lots of religions teach moral values but they also teach a considerable amount of supernatural stuff which, in my opinion, is unnecessary to leading a good life. Why should I believe in a virgin birth to be a good person? Why should I believe in resurrection to be a good person? Why should I believe in the need to take bread and wine communally to be a good person? Why not just be a good person?

This is the U.K. - a Christian country and Christianity should be taught in schools.

Saudi and other muslim countries do not and will never teach Christianity in their country.They only teach islam.

Not really, when only a fraction of the population practice the religion. Religion isnt the answer to the problems that religion causes.

The argument that muslim countries dont teach christianity is always such a bizarre one. Its as though people like yourself want us to be like them? If you don't, then your point is, well, pointless.

All religions have a history of violence and prejudice. Christianities major crimes were further back in history, but its there, and violence and hate in its name is still happening.

Religion breeds these problems, so its crazy to think religion can help mend them.

Lots of religions teach moral values but they also teach a considerable amount of supernatural stuff which, in my opinion, is unnecessary to leading a good life. Why should I believe in a virgin birth to be a good person? Why should I believe in resurrection to be a good person? Why should I believe in the need to take bread and wine communally to be a good person? Why not just be a good person?

You mean the 'walking on water' aspects and the Moses chapters of the bible? Rather be taught that than some of the barbaric chapters in the Koran.

Sorry, don't agree and absolutely nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.And no, I'm not wrong, I've simply witnesses things that are different than your roses outlook.

Its not a rosy outlook. Im stating actual facts. Im not bothered if i convince you or not, everything I have written about this is factual. Nothing to do with opinion.

Whatever you have 'witnessed' has either been misunderstood, misinterpreted, or made up.

You mean the 'walking on water' aspects and the Moses chapters of the bible? Rather be taught that than some of the barbaric chapters in the Koran.

Just like there are barbaric chapters in the bible. Both have passages about love and kindness, and both have passages about murder and intolerance. You are cherry picking your facts just as people cherry pick religious passages.

You even managed to pick out the lead character in one of the most barbaric passages in the bible.

Personally, I would rather none of them was taught at all unless pupils make the choice at a later age to study comparative religions. And if you think the Bible isn't full of barabaric chapters then you clearly haven't read it.

Just like there are barbaric chapters in the bible. Both have passages about love and kindness, and both have passages about murder and intolerance. You are cherry picking your facts just as people cherry pick religious passages.

But Christians aren't throwing people off buildings. Christian's aren't setting fire to people imprisoned in cages Christians aren't butchering helpless people tied up and on their knees. Christians aren't going around Bombing,shooting innocent people minding their own business in a busy World city.

As I said, I feel sorry for Muslims who are peace loving. We have a real problem in the World and I hate to say this but I don't know what's going to stop this problem.

Archived