onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

parking fine

TheJoker

Got a parking fine through the post today for a parking offence that allegedly happened in Newcastle on 18th sept. I never got a parking ticket in September and anyway its November now for gods sake. Is anyone on here aware of loopholes to get away without paying this? They want 70 notes off me or 105 if i dont pay by 3rd dec. I know with speeding fines they have to send the letter within 2 weeks or it is not valid....anything similar for parking tickets?

Advert

"By law the PCN must be issued within 28 days of when the traffic warden saw the parking rule was broken or it was caught on camera. The guidance local authorities use says they should issue the PCN within 14 days, but they do not have to follow that guidance."

If this is the first notification you've had, tell them to stuff it.

Since when is Newcastle in Scotland? I would pay it. Think of all the times you have got away with it and look upon it as a warning!

Select England from the drop down menu. It probably defaults to Scotland because the inhabitants up there can't work that out!*

* This is not racist and I am not opposed to the wearing of kilts!

I would still pay it unless you are sure you didn't park where they said on the date mentioned. Look upon it as saving £35 if you pay it before 3rd December. If you ask for photographic evidence and they provide it after 3rd December, which is likely as they don't work very fast, you will have to pay the £105. The law might say they have to send it within 28 days but how much is it going to cost you to prove that? They could say they raised the letter on 18th October and it took a while to get to you.

I would still pay it unless you are sure you didn't park where they said on the date mentioned. Look upon it as saving £35 if you pay it before 3rd December. If you ask for photographic evidence and they provide it after 3rd December, which is likely as they don't work very fast, you will have to pay the £105. The law might say they have to send it within 28 days but how much is it going to cost you to prove that? They could say they raised the letter on 18th October and it took a while to get to you.

I assume the notice is dated? If not, no case to answer. I would hope the Council has proof of posting? If not, no case to answer. The fact that they have given you until 3rd December to pay at the lower rate shows that they have not met the 28 day requirement.

I would definitely appeal this, by taking a letter directly to the relevant office and indicating that you want a response before the 14 day grace period has expired. Keep a record of all communications and telephone conversations. I see no reason on earth why you should pay this if, as you say, you did not receive a ticket on your car and the Council has not sent the PCN within the statutory time limit.

Friend of mine once got a ticket through the post for speeding in a 30 mph limit. He was not stopped at the time of the offence. The officer writing the ticket wrote the wrong time on it and my friend went to court thinking the fact that he could prove he was on a train at the time of the alleged offence would get him off, he had the ticket and was in London at work at the stated time of the offence in Crewe. He didn't have legal representation but chose to do it himself. He still got 3 points plus had to pay costs rather than the fixed penalty notice he received originally. Several hundred pounds I think. Appealing is fine in theory but can have pitfalls. You have been warned!

I assume the notice is dated? If not, no case to answer. I would hope the Council has proof of posting? If not, no case to answer. The fact that they have given you until 3rd December to pay at the lower rate shows that they have not met the 28 day requirement.

I would definitely appeal this, by taking a letter directly to the relevant office and indicating that you want a response before the 14 day grace period has expired. Keep a record of all communications and telephone conversations. I see no reason on earth why you should pay this if, as you say, you did not receive a ticket on your car and the Council has not sent the PCN within the statutory time limit.

The notice is dated 4th nov

Archived