onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

TESCO fiddles the figures

JOHNNYAITCH

• 6 months later...

Advert

They're writing down assets which is perhaps an indication that they had been overvalued in the books in the first place.

A lot of the previous shenanigans were to do with things like trade discounts (eg if they hit a sales target then they are entitled to a rebate from their supplier) which they were accounting for too early or incorrectly.

Tesco is my account at work and I spend most of my working hours sat on their sites, the amount of people being put on gardening leave, taking (forced into) redundancy or just jumping ship is frightening. The culture within is changing massively, they will turn it round I'm convinced of it but wouldn't surprise me to see further store closure/job losses before it happens.......

Where I used to work Tesco and Carrefour were our two biggest customers.

What are standard payment terms for Tesco these days? 90 days? 120? The way they've bullied some of their smaller suppliers (we weren't one, but they still had leverage over us), my heart bleeds for them

Tesco is my account at work and I spend most of my working hours sat on their sites, the amount of people being put on gardening leave, taking (forced into) redundancy or just jumping ship is frightening. The culture within is changing massively, they will turn it round I'm convinced of it but wouldn't surprise me to see further store closure/job losses before it happens.......

Giz a job tunstall potter plz;)

I think you'll see a real change. Some of the practices of the past have already been stopped, and a lot of the people responsible forced out of the door.

I thought they were by far the most cut throat company to deal with until we started with Amazon but that's another story...........

I've seen it from both sides of the fence unfortunately.

Currently recruiting in Milton Keynes, Doncaster and Dagenham take your pick fella.........

Thanks but I live in Stoke on Trent. MK Donny and Dagenham are a bit out my way. I told you in a thread way back, pay me more than what i'm on and provide the relevant training and i will love to take one of your jobs...and I'm not polish lithuanian or bosnian;)

Thanks but I live in Stoke on Trent. MK Donny and Dagenham are a bit out my way. I told you in a thread way back, pay me more than what i'm on and provide the relevant training and i will love to take one of your jobs...and I'm not polish lithuanian or bosnian;)

your a capitalist... only in it for the money

Have you ever thought of retraining so you can do the jobs... at your own expense?

So did I carl and many on here. But we went where the work was it's what people do. If you're happy to stay in Stoke-on-Trent (and I won't knock you for that it's my home city and I love) it you need to be prepared to travel, accept the kind of industries that are prevelant and be the best you can at working within them, or set up your own business and be your own boss. No immigrant is stopping you from doing that in my humble opinion.

Not sure how many Poles, Lithuanians or Bosnians work at my company? To be fair I tend to look at their skill set and how well they interview not get too hung up on their nationality..........

If you dont look at their nationality how would you know they should only get the menial jobs the white british working calss dont want? :(

he have an eye opener wouldn't he geo if he were self employed

He sounds like someone stuck in a rut he wants to get out of but doesnt know how to, he seems to think someone should find the exit for him by increasing his wage or similar... he seems a little bitter and twisted at the hand life has dealt him and expects someone else to play it for him... what I think is really sad is that he blames every misfortune on someone else, usually immigrants.

Some things cant be changed, some things change on there own but the most productive changes come from within ourselves... If you are happy with your life be happy with it... if your not... change it.

Archived