onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Jack the Ripper

Conrad

I must admit I was surprised to read your comment knowing your stance against racism,and no I'm English who doesnt mind a bit of banter I missed the ;) at the end of my post ;)

To be fair I probably should have put it into context. I was working with the aforemotioned friend in Africa a couple of years ago. A welsh customer of mine, thinking she was British as we wore the same uniform, proceeded to ask her a question. She referred them to me advising she was representing she was Polish and representing the German arm of our company. He retorted in jest 'bliddy Polish people taking our jobs even over here (Africa)'. She laughed and told him it's only because British people are so lazy and they love claiming benefits etc and Polish people do better in manual work. So the banter went on. Every time sine then we refer to him when people mention the Polish. So stereotyping I guess you could call it.

Do worry about the winks, I wink all the time as you will see, I'm always winking!! ;) :D

Advert

Tom Cutbush, Walter Sickert... etc all "proven" to be the Ripper....

I'm always astonished that people start off any historic investigation with "I know he did it" and then try and prove it, rather than looking at the evidence and then finding out who did it. Do it the former and you disregard evidence to the contrary.

I did wonder why this story had it been true didn't hit the news in general, had it been true it would surely have been a big story and all over the tv news. So there's a new book out I see now...

I really didn't want the real Ripper to be called Aaron anyway...:)

Archived