onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Glenn Oliver and other current Directors

Alan Baker

Hahaha. This bot needs reprogramming.

There's no point in having a trump card if you aren't in the game!

And your bunch of incompetent clowns can't even cash in their chips.

God, that must hurt. :D ===

You can stick your ****ing trump card up your ****!

Advert

Mike Lloyd mentioned today that the interim board would have to be passed as "fit and proper" by the FA. Has Glenn passed this test?????

But then again it's irrelevant (after Wednesday), perhaps the FA should have asked this question 7 years ago.........or did they??

Hi Caroline,

Given the thoroughness of NLV my guess is this has already been dealt with.

Mind you it seems to me the F.A. treat such 'applications' variously and interpret differently from Premiership to lower leagues.

LLoyd..... Claims to know nothing... about anything... I just dont buy it.

He has been in the "boardroom" position most of his life probably, even if he has been ostracised he would still know a lot of what goes on... Im afraid the "little miss Muffett" act doesnt wash with me.

Oliver..... Claims to know everything... about everything.... I just dont buy it.

Im not even convinced he started out with the right intentions.. I stated a while ago that I thought he was an anal retentive [someone who had to control everything or be in control] Engaging with the fans placed him in both camps, dissuading dissent, encouraging participation, one of the boys. a fan first and foremost and the fans champion. His loyalty to bratt took a severe battering when Catlin came and went before he even knew about it and I think it did some damage, he chose a side and blindly followed. He chose the wrong side.

He could have saved himself and vale many times but chose to save bratt, his loyalty to vale distorted by his loyalty to bratt.

In the beginning he was heralded a hero, as were the other directors, because no one needed to look any deeper than the surface gloss, once the veneer was cracked the underlying faults seeped to the surface.

Although I rejoice in their probable demise as directors I am saddened that it had to come to this. I am not sad for them, just for the club.

Just my opinion of course.

I know him quite well, misguided but not evil. Do we really need this kind of thread? At this time of transition would it not be an idea to bury the hatchet and just kind of try to move on together as Vale fans? Magnamity in victory and all that. Sorry to sound like Neil from the Young Ones, but there's just too much hate around here.

You may want to reword that a little

What you don't like the double negative? "This is a good time to bury the hatchet" (and Bury got promoted). Seriously, I don't like the vitriol. The board will be voted out, can't we make the most of this once in a decennium opportunity to move us forward without trashing certain other people?

What you don't like the double negative? "This is a good time to bury the hatchet" (and Bury got promoted). Seriously, I don't like the vitriol. The board will be voted out, can't we make the most of this once in a decennium opportunity to move us forward without trashing certain other people?

I agree the hatchet needs burying. I am not one to bear grudges. I know people are entitaled to their opinions, but lets look to the future of pvfc. Though lets not get ahead of our selves the vote at the egm has not been counted. Lets be careful

I agree the hatchet needs burying. I am not one to bear grudges. I know people are entitaled to their opinions, but lets look to the future of pvfc. Though lets not get ahead of our selves the vote at the egm has not been counted. Lets be careful

I'm a Vale fan through and through and I'm sure the EGM will produce a step forward. I just get a bit upset at the level of "debate" on here sometimes. When we really all want the same thing. A successful PVFC. And I actually think the board want this too. They are just not very good at achieving it.

Where to start. RobbieH will do.

From what I know, I've heard in rumor, and I can assume quite safely, any trump card on Wednesday will be trumped by about 70% of Shareholder votes even if God was to throw the weight of the Universe in Gold behind us they will not be here come Thursday at the start of play. Unless North Korea are about to launch a Nuclear strike in the Burslem area then I am certain that the board will not have control of Port Vale Football Club; you better get those fingers crossed for King Jong Il going bat**** mental. From things I've heard as rumor is that the vote could go even higher, as far as 80%+ should some (Some being 2) directors abstain. Some trump card eh? I can assume that you will only post beyond Wednesday when it suits your agenda. I wish you in advance the very best of luck with your life and I hope to god that you dearly come to realise that being a massive idiot is not a crime, but it is socially looked down upon.

Glenn, misguided more than mental. He started so well, and it went gradually wrong when he sided with Bratt in a battle of the lesser evil over control of the club between Meigh and Jackson. He was caught in the current of the water after that. Had he not taken sides he wouldn't be at the club and the alternative is that Jackson would probably be chairman which with that mans lack of wherewithal when it comes to company law he'd be in power untill he dies! So in some respects I'm quite thankful for Glenns deterioration. The rise and fall of a director of a football club, now available on Amazon £9.99, paperback) aside because I'm not in the game of making a personal judgement of anyone with regards to the job they do, he's probably suffered to the detriment of his role and only kept going to battle against the Jackson machine.

I wish all the directors the best of luck for the future. It's unfortunate that it has come to this. However it is very much in the best interests of the club that they are no longer at Port Vale.

One Eyed Dog! I remember A long long time ago, when Jackson first invested and I said I hated him, your reaction was to question me and ridicule me as the idiot, because he was the man who saved Vale.

I predicted the events that have happened, and I was against the 24.9% rule. Funny how times change eh. Just glad this dreadful er of pvfc could soon be over.

There is an old saying in life "Never let a sleeping dog lie" I will leave you with that qoute tonight folks. Roll on Wednesday, tik tok not long now.
What a noggin you can't even get that one right tik tok. It should be 'Let sleeping dogs lie'.:laugh:

Archived