onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norman

Burslem native

Advert

Common sense tells u we aren't offering enough and the fact the likes of myrie-Williams, hugill have both left for better offers.

What is enough?... what we can afford is enough anything more is too much... we could offer them what they want and sign 1 player instead of 5/6/7... would that be enough?

I'm going put my neck on the line here and say we've probably got one of, if not the best managers in the division in this type of situation. When the chips have been down, he's either unearthed some real gems or given players with rock bottom self esteem and confidence the belief to play at the top of their game (a la JMW, Vincent). We are in an undesirable position given finances, but given the last decade that I've had to encounter with my beloved team, I'd rather be in a scenario where we have a shrewd chairman, who knows that the club needs to live within its means in order to prevent a valiant2001 situation again, coupled with a manager of Adams' calibre who knows how to use the market to best effect. Whether we have 15 or 50 players (hopefully nearer the latter) I'll be down the hallowed turf to cheer whichever soldier wants to represent the team i love in the 2014/2015 season. You never know, the signing of Adams could well be the most influential of this summer.

Why would anyone put any money into our club when we have such negative fans. We have had a bunch of muppets running our club for ages and now we have someone who is trying to run the club with a financial plan and sustainability in mind. By his own admission he has made mistakes but I'm sure he is learning quickly.

The accusation about ambition is laughable. My ambition is to have a financially viable club that will be around for a long time. So we don't sell enough season tickets and the answer is to spend more money on players even though the club may not be able to afford them. It's a catch 22 situation. Also if we need 5 or 6 six new players we don't want to spend the budget on 1or2.

From my knowledge Micky Adams has more experience of signing players than all of us on this site put together so I will trust him to come up with the goods. As he has said, we are after better players than those we have lost and better players are going to be in more demand.

For those who say that they are not buying a season ticket until better players are bought, my comment would be you are extremely fickle. You want Norman to invest millions but you won't spend a few hundred on a season ticket yourself. Why should Norman invest when he can not be sure you will? Please please please just Support your club.

facts we have no scout no physios mangers and coaches no one knows fact just 1 player from division 2 signed 3 times this week players to be announced but not look at bbc and sporting life division 1 at all the signings for other division 1 teams with lower gate than ours but its ok I will put my tin hat on as you not like true facts just dreams

facts we have no scout no physios mangers and coaches no one knows fact just 1 player from division 2 signed 3 times this week players to be announced but not look at bbc and sporting life division 1 at all the signings for other division 1 teams with lower gate than ours but its ok I will put my tin hat on as you not like true facts just dreams

Should see signing on Tuesday mate, at least 1 anyway. It was done this way last season.

people are making presumptions about our budget. Can they let us know the other teams in this divisions budgets so we can compare properly?

Well bristol city's seems infinite at present. Throwing money at it left, right and centre. However, I think if they don't go up, big problems next season.

so that gives us 16 players including 3 goalkeepers read M/A comments in the sentinel tonight HOW with 16 players he used 28 last season If they so short on money they should cancel the pre season tour .

so that gives us 16 players including 3 goalkeepers read M/A comments in the sentinel tonight HOW with 16 players he used 28 last season If they so short on money they should cancel the pre season tour .

He's obviously confident we will start the season with more than 16 players isn't he. Anyway, if we don't, why don't you put your name forward? Where is your best position? Striker would be good.

Archived