onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Loft in talks with Gills

MattW

Advert

I'll be ****** off if he moves to Gillingham but solely because we will be losing a good player. He certainly doesn't deserve the level of abuse he is getting from some on here for wanting to put his family first. In his position we would all do the same. If looking after his family means he gets abused then that's a bad reflection on the abusers and not Lofty. He will get a warm welcome from me if he leaves and comes back with another club.

I'll be ****** off if he moves to Gillingham but solely because we will be losing a good player. He certainly doesn't deserve the level of abuse he is getting from some on here for wanting to put his family first. In his position we would all do the same. If looking after his family means he gets abused then that's a bad reflection on the abusers and not Lofty. He will get a warm welcome from me if he leaves and comes back with another club.

I'm certain this decision is all about his family rather than a footballing move, and nobody can criticise him for that. I think we were lucky to get him signed for last season but now after giving 100% to this club he obviously feels he needs to move on southbound.

I'm surprised with some of the comments. Loft has been a decent servent to vale and always gave 110%, he's stated for a while that at some point in the near future he wanted to move back down south, he supports gillingham. How can anyone blame him? Play for the club he supports and live close to family makes sense. Those saying good riddance are being extremely harsh on a player who has always give it his all and was a key player this season and possibly deserved player of the season.

Spot on!!A certain player joined us ,as we are the club he's supported all his life,then became our popular top goalscorer!!I will be gutted if Loft goes, as he is a good player.It's a pity that we can't get a fee for him though too.His family and travelling must be considered and there's the small issue of him going home from Vale with a smashed up face which cannot help:yes:I bet his missus and young family weren't too impressed.Good luck Doug and I hope you stay at Vale:yes:

Its well reported that Lofts mrs wants to move back down south to start a family and have a network of support around her. Weve managed to put this off for a couple of years but after it took him so long to sign last summer id pretty much written off our chances of keeping him and so this comes as no suprise.

Going to Gillingham is not really a step back. I see us as very similar to us. Recently promoted ( as champions), similiar size support etc. We did better last year but whose to say thst will be the same again this season?

Player of the year for me last season and an effective player in a number of positions. Proved to be a very capable league 1 player and he'll be difficult to replace.

I for one wish him all the best.

Its well reported that Lofts mrs wants to move back down south to start a family and have a network of support around her. Weve managed to put this off for a couple of years but after it took him so long to sign last summer id pretty much written off our chances of keeping him and so this comes as no suprise.

Going to Gillingham is not really a step back. I see us as very similar to us. Recently promoted ( as champions), similiar size support etc. We did better last year but whose to say thst will be the same again this season?

Player of the year for me last season and an effective player in a number of positions. Proved to be a very capable league 1 player and he'll be difficult to replace.

I for one wish him all the best.

Start a family? They've got a 2 kid head start then. This will be about moving for when they start school I would imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

According to a guy on league one forum page Loft signing for Gills will be announced in 48 hours. Dont know if its been mentioned but I have heard from a bloke at work Lofts house is up for sale?

I wish he'd just sign for the Gills already, fed up of all the staying or going ****. He only signed a one year contract last season cause he wasn't sure if he wanted to move closer to home. He's a good player and i wish him well unless its against Vale but he's very replaceable.

I wish he'd just sign for the Gills already, fed up of all the staying or going ****. He only signed a one year contract last season cause he wasn't sure if he wanted to move closer to home. He's a good player and i wish him well unless its against Vale but he's very replaceable.

Thus far these are just rumours so don't overreact. There are plenty of other players out of contract- just enjoy the ride. Some will stay, some will go but those that do leave aren't onboard and they will be replaced. Remember Tommo getting replaced by Chrissy Neal?

Some players will stay and Some players will go. there are plenty of out of contract players out there who looking at their opinions and some players doesn't liked to rushed for a decision. if he signs for gillingham good luck to him except the two matches against vale next season. but he stays great :).

I read yesterday he'd turned down Gillingham to stay with us.

I hope so... I'd prefer to have loft in our 11 than any other L1 11. He's a proper engine and would be a big loss... He got better as the season got on and with better players around him will only get better

• 2 weeks later...

Archived