onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

British Justice?

For Us All

I just can’t imagine the horror of finding your nose clippers broken.But hey,all’s well that ends well.Kevan got a tidy sum of £815 in compensation for his troubles.

I’ll sleep easy tonight knowing Thakrar the triple killer is feeling the full force of the British justice system,has a well-manicured nose and that taxpayers’ money is being spent wisely.

Advert

I guess that we are defeating the point anyway! Whichever way you look at it the tax payer is covering the costs win or lose for a claim brought by a prison inmate

It depends, if he had public funding (Legal Aid), then yes. If he entered into a CFA and he lost, then the ATE insurer would pay the Defendants costs.

I just can’t imagine the horror of finding your nose clippers broken.But hey,all’s well that ends well.Kevan got a tidy sum of £815 in compensation for his troubles.

I’ll sleep easy tonight knowing Thakrar the triple killer is feeling the full force of the British justice system,has a well-manicured nose and that taxpayers’ money is being spent wisely.

The simple fact is, in this country people have access to justice. That's why CFA's (no win, no fee agreements) are allowed. So that people who can't fund their claim privately, and do not meet the criteria for public funding, can still pursue an action.

• 2 weeks later...

In the case of Abu Hamza,there is a certain amount of irony about a radical islamist hate preacher making use of Human Rights legislation,which also guarantees rights for homosexuals,but he is entitled to make his claims nonetheless.This whole process has been a very expensive delay of justice and best estimates suggest that a combination of legal fees and detention for Hamza has cost the British taxpayer approximately £4m over a period of ten years.

A key part of Hamza's legal argument was utterly absurd and it beggars belief that he was able to delay extradition on this point.He unsuccessfully tried to persuade the courts that his detention in a US supermax federal prison,ADX Florence,would result in him being at a real risk of "inhuman or degrading treatment",leading to a breach of his rights under Article 3 of the ECHR.His claim,however,fell apart when you consider the fact that the United States has time and time again stated that his detention in ADX would be impossible because of his severe medical condition.Being found guilty of these offences in the United States will most likely result in him being sent to a medical facility,where he will be imprisoned.

• 2 weeks later...

£19.3m of British taxpayers money paid out so far to Iraqi citizens for personal injury claims against British troops.Two legal companies have pocketed £10m and have another 1,469 cases in the pipeline.Some handouts for citizens claimed soldiers violated their space "by shouting at them".The average handout so far has been £60,000.

I wonder if any money can be claimed back from Tony Blair?

It will catch up with Tony one day...many years ahead of him to be spent looking over his shoulder. The truth will out

Well he has plenty to be spent,I believe he owns 8 properties and has a personal fortune of over £60m?:rolleyes:

Well he has plenty to be spent,I believe he owns 8 properties and has a personal fortune of over £60m?:rolleyes:

He'd better watch out for all those civil cases set to come his way one day when what he did comes out; although I suppose as he did tyhem 'in office' his personal wealth may not be up for grabs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it me or should she have taken responsibility for her dog and kept it on a lead?

Part of me says "You can all band together to cut the grass yourselves if you're that concerned" but I know people can get into trouble for maintaining council owned land themselves; bloke round here planted bulbs on a small embankment outside his house and they looked loverly but the council dug them up and warned him not do touch the piece of land again..they veen banned him from trimming the grass

Here's one from the US. 23 billion dollars awarded because a smoker died from lung cancer for apparent negligence in informing users of the dangers of smoking.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28389273

I think there is a case if in years gone by ciggie manufacturers knew the dangers but suppressed that info. But then again once someone knows the dangers it's their responsibility to stop..difficult though that is.

Archived